Zooper is considering a RF-only 40lb seat

Keeanh

Zooper is looking for input on their FB page for a potential North American RF-only seat. I extended an invitation to come here for more opinions. I hope they'll come talk to us!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...99517465.54470.114127821973370&type=1&theater

1075860_580162038703277_1229509463_n.jpg

ADS

Persimmon

Oh, no. European-style push down buckle. DS would be out of that in a second. It is awfully cute though.

Oh, no. European-style push down buckle. DS would be out of that in a second. It is awfully cute though.

I have one of those buckles on my new Fisher Price Safe Voyage Grow With Me and it's actually very hard to undo :s I was shocked at the amount of effort it took!

Although, much like Britax, I would imagine that they'd change to IMMI or Amsafe buckles if/when they bring it to America.

YinzerMama

It's very stylish but I feel like it meets the needs of a very tiny niche of the market. Wonder what the price will be?

msg221

I love that red! I didn't even know Zooper made car seats! I did have a Zooper Twist stroller and loved it though!

ETA: Okay, I posted before I looked at the FB page and that's when I saw that they are looking to expand their products to car seats too. I read the OP as they were already selling them elsewhere and were looking to bring them here.

geekKT

If it comes in red like that and comes to Canada, yes. They should. I do wonder how well it would sell as a RF only seat, though. (not including the one that I could buy to spruce up my van, obviously)

flutie128

I think they would do better with a traditional convertible. I know when I was less educated about car seat I would not have bought a seat that wouldn't also forward face after a bucket seat.

Keeks64

I've been following it on FB & it sounds like they almost plan to make it an infant seat with no handle?! They said its going to be removable from the car to clip onto their strollers but were confused when people asked about having a carry handle

The 39" limit isn't that low but a little higher or at least following the 1" rule would be fabulous!

cowgirlsmommy

That's adorable. Depending on the price point, I think it might do well here. Just tell them to go ahead and leave the chest clip off.

agave

I like the idea of a RF only seat. Buy it with intentions of keeping your kid RF and not be tempted to turn because then you'd have to spend more $. A RF only seat at the right price would be welcome in my car if it fit an average kid to 5.

_juune

Looks interesting!

Those buckles can actually be quite different from each other, except for the outer looks [meaning the idea is sort of similar that you have to push the button downward, but the construction differs -- the tongues are different and all]. The one we had on our BeSafe seat was somewhat stiff -- DD could undo it with some effort when she was about 3.5; the one we now have on our Britax is even stiffer, and DD can undo it with A LOT of effort now that she is almost 4.

YinzerMama

Where exactly is zooper based out of? I almost wonder if they are going for the rear facing until it is safe to put them in a seat belt and booster deal, which seems to be what people in sweden often do*, even though over here people will use sweden as the reason for erf, but the turn their child and extend-harness them. It would be an interesting change but I am not sure how it would be received here.

I feel sure that there has to be some huge changes coming down the pike between now and when my kids have kids, as far as car seats - maybe a slow revolution to this would be it?

I think at this time the people over here who are on board with extended rf are generally not on board with a booster at 4, and those who are on board with a booster at age 4 are generally not on board with erf. So I think it would result in pandemoneum. (sp) If that is what they are going for I think they are going to have to make the seat a smidge taller to make it last till 5. Right now I see it mostly being used by someone who wants to buy a combination seat without a big overlap of where their convertible would have worked ff just as well. SO you COULD buy this zooper and then move to a combination seat, but someone I doubt it is going to be priced such that it would really be a cost effective option, now that we have so many affordable long lasting convertibles on the market.

I can't imagine a movable infant with no handle appealing to many people, if that is what they are going for. I have been bringing my 2yo in the house in his marathon when he falls asleep and I def. miss the handle!

It is a nice looking seat though.

*i'm basing the rf until ready for a booster notion on having read the carseat.se sites.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC