Question '07 Civic seats

xxluckychicxx

The stars may have aligned perfectly and I'm looking at an '07 Civic tomorrow (hallelujah! It will be 3 weeks without a car).

It's only a 2 door. Talk to me about the backseat.

DD has a SureRide that installs super easy just about anywhere. DS still needs a HBB.

From what I can tell they are basically bucket seats in the back. What booster will fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Congrats!

I have an 06 Civic (4-door), so I think it is similar. Are you sure about the bucket seats in the back?

In the 4-door, the HBB that have worked quite well are the Britax Parkway SG, Recaro Vivo, and Graco Turbo. They have all worked well with the belt geometry and the design of the vehicle seats. :)

ETA: Oh, I see! I looked up the photos of the backseat. You're right about the bucket-like seats. It LOOKS like the same basic backseat as I have, but the seat part is more scooped out.

xxluckychicxx

Thanks! My mom has an '08 4 door Civic and everything has installed super easy, I just wasn't sure about the bucket-y seats of the 2 door.

Fun trivia: I bought my '07 Accord 4 years ago tomorrow, which is DS's bday. It would be pretty cool to get to buy another car on his bday again. Not to mention we've been without a car for what seems like forever.

xxluckychicxx

I'm getting it. Yay! I'm so excited.

I need to get DS a seat ordered ASAP. The backseat is 2 bucket seats with a hump in the middle. I'm hoping it will fit a BubbleBum for when my nephew tags along. It has 3 adjustable headrests in the back so that's good.

I can't decide between a ProBooster, Vivo, or the new PWSG. We've had a Vivo before and DS really liked it, but it's not the tallest. It fits DS's little skinny body really well though. I also like the looks of the other 2, but don't know how they fit him.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
We figured out that the scooped-out seats are different than my 2006 Civic's seats, but in the NON-scooped-out seats, the ProBooster, Vivo, and Parkway SG (not the new one... is it out yet?) all fit well. :) The ProBooster is a little tippy, though.

From what I can tell, the width the scooped-out part of the 2007's seats pretty much matches up with the width of the section of seat I use. My comparison is far from scientific :)p), but it looks similar.

How tall is Jackson? If he is fairly average, I would probably go with the Vivo. If he is tall, I would go with the Parkway.

xxluckychicxx

Yeah the bucket portion of the seats looked pretty roomy. I test drove it with him in a LiteRider and it had lots of room left on the sides.

Jackson is maybe 49-50". He was 48" a year ago. He's super tall compared to peers, but can still fit in a SureRide with 2 inches to grow, and is right under the top slots of the GN if that gives you an idea. He's been wearing a 6/7 for 2 years now lol.

xxluckychicxx

Well I bought the car :love:

The seats in the back are bucket seats on the sides. I'm wanting to get DS an Oobr, but the lower anchors are a bit above the seat bite and I'm wondering if its going to work.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Congrats on the new car! :jive:

I have a REALLY hard time using rigid LATCH in my Civic, but I think it is because two of my anchors are at a weird angle. They are also a bit high up, as you pointed out.

Try playing with the Oobr. It just might work! :D

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Oooh you have an Oobr? I do wanna play!

Yes ma'am I do (and a ProBooster you can try too!). But, I've moved even further away....I'm about 10 minutes north of Vinita now. You can bring the kids swimming this weekend. ;)

callumsmom

My dad has the same car. I had to borrow it when one of ours was in the shop. I had a forward facing TFP installed passenger side outboard no problem with the seatbelt. I did not care for those LATCH anchors though. Granted I was installing a beast of a seat. The only real problem I had was catching my ankle on the front seat belt stalk when leaning in to get my son in and out.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC