Rep points declining?

southpawboston

not that it's a big deal, but i noticed that my rep points dropped by two since yesterday, with no reputation (good or bad) left in the last couple of days. weird!

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Unfortunately I can't see reputation adjustments, all I can see is your current reputation which is 351. Unless an admin left you negative rep (wasn't me!), the only thing I can think of is if the provider had to do a database restore due to a problem. There was a crash overnight Sunday night related to the chat room, but I'm not aware that they had to restore the entire database.

Has anyone else seen this lately?

southpawboston

Unfortunately I can't see reputation adjustments, all I can see is your current reputation which is 351. Unless an admin left you negative rep (wasn't me!), the only thing I can think of is if the provider had to do a database restore due to a problem. There was a crash overnight Sunday night related to the chat room, but I'm not aware that they had to restore the entire database.

the crash might have been it then. i think if an admin leaves negative rep (happened once to me :eek: :whistle: ) it shows up as a dated entry with a red square.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Plus, an admin negative rep would probably be about a 10 point negative hit, plus or minus one or two, depending on the Admin.

scatterbunny

I haven't been around much lately but I THOUGHT my rep points were slightly lower than they were before. No big deal, of course--just thought it was strange, but the crash explains it.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I double checked and only mods and admins could leave negative feedback. For now, that will be reduced to only the 4 other admins and me until I figure out what the issue is. Turns out, negative reputation power is half positive reputation power, so it would subtract fewer points at a time than I thought.

I did finally find the reputation comment viewer. I only see one negative for southpaw and that was in April. There were none at all for CRS.

I scanned the forum software support forums and didn't see any other similar complaints, but I will search more tomorrow.

All I can suggest for now is to monitor your reputation closely. If it drops, please estimate the amount of the drop and the time it happened as closely as you can. Thanks!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
If it turns out to be a corruption issue with the database, that's definitely a bug of interest...

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I *think* mine dropped by two too. I am WAAAAAAAAY below SPB in points, but I thought I had two more than what is showing up right now.

CRS

Senior Community Member
Mine definitely didn't drop any more then 10 (it happened a couple of times) probably less then 8 even. No biggy really!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I'm now looking to see if there is just a small range of dates that might have been dropped. So far, there is nothing obvious. So, the more information you can provide if you happen to notice specific dates of reputation that are missing in the future would be very helpful.

Our provider is making some changes but we still don't have an answer. Has anyone noticed missing private messages or posts or anything else that is gone?

southpawboston

no missing posts that i can recall, but occassionally (rarely) i will reply to a post, then later on the same day, additional posts will appear between mine and the one preceding mine.

skaterbabs

I've had a couple of posts vanish after I thought they posted, but off the top of my head I couldn't tell you which ones. Honestly, I figured the cyber-space gremlins ate them and thought nothing more about it. lol :whistle:

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
If it was simply a missing period of a day or two that might be related to a crash or restore, that would not be a major problem. The problem is if it is an ongoing issue that is randomly zapping reputation points/comments due to a database or other problem. Something like that needs to be resolved so it doesn't eventually cause a crash or corrupt the database completely.

For that reason, any additional information regarding times and dates when the reputation decrease was noticed or about the time/date of missing reputation may help resolve the problem.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
One other thing came to mind. If a thread is deleted, any reputation associated with your posts in that thread will also be removed. I don't know if a long thread was removed recently, but that is another possible explanation.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC