Nextfit Shoulder Strap Help

U

Unregistered

Help!! I asked my husband to wash the cover on our Nextfit...even gave him the manual. He removed the shoulder straps from the back to wash the pads. Now that it is back together, the tightening strap that hangs out the bottom seems a lot longer. I called chicco when I realized what happened, but they are closed for the day, and we have someplace to be! chicco YouTube video only shows how to remove the straps from the bottom. Any instructions would be great!!!

ADS

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Help!! I asked my husband to wash the cover on our Nextfit...even gave him the manual. He removed the shoulder straps from the back to wash the pads. Now that it is back together, the tightening strap that hangs out the bottom seems a lot longer. I called chicco when I realized what happened, but they are closed for the day, and we have someplace to be! chicco YouTube video only shows how to remove the straps from the bottom. Any instructions would be great!!!

Hello, and sorry you're in such a panic! :(

It,is my understanding that theNextfit harness is not removable/replaceable.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=244075

Because of this, I would advise NOT using the seat until you speak to Chicco. If you don't have a spare seat or can't borrow one I think it would be best to cancel plans and stay home.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

U

Unregistered

That is what I'm afraid of.

The official chicco youtube page has how to do it from the bottom removing 2 bolts, but of course that is not how he did it.

U

Unregistered

Chicco customer service was a great help!! Apparently it is a common problem that is easy to fix. My husband had simply unattached the straps from the splitter and slid them out. Chicco sent very detailed instructions on reattaching the harness properly. It was a very easy fix that took less than 5 minutes.

I highly recommend if you accidentally or otherwise remove the shoulder harnesses from the Nextfit, that you contact them for the instructions! I thought I had reattached them properly, but was mistaken. So glad my daughter still fit safely in her Keyfit until we got it taken care of!

Oh, and they have now amended the removal of the shoulder straps. You can do it, just follow the instructions on their website/youtube page.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Chicco customer service was a great help!! Apparently it is a common problem that is easy to fix. My husband had simply unattached the straps from the splitter and slid them out. Chicco sent very detailed instructions on reattaching the harness properly. It was a very easy fix that took less than 5 minutes.

I highly recommend if you accidentally or otherwise remove the shoulder harnesses from the Nextfit, that you contact them for the instructions! I thought I had reattached them properly, but was mistaken. So glad my daughter still fit safely in her Keyfit until we got it taken care of!

Oh, and they have now amended the removal of the shoulder straps. You can do it, just follow the instructions on their website/youtube page.

That's good to know!

Thanks for coming back to give us the follow up, and SO glad you were able to fix your seat! :dance:

thepote

An FYI to those reading along... Removing the shoulder pads involves pressing the tabs at the bottom of the harness (near the hips) to slide the pins out of the harness loops.

Here is the video: [ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VO7Ji_1xWro[/ame]

OP - glad it worked out :)

tiggercat

Just to double check: he didn't wash the straps, right? Just the cover and harness pads?

Glad you were able to get the seat correctly reassembled!

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

U

Unregistered

I removed the harness the wrong way also and the chicco customer service is closed today and I'm leaving for a trip early in the morning.... did they end all you the instructions on how to fix it or did they talk you through it over the phone?

U

Unregistered

For those people that removed the straps the very wrong way (like me) you have to remove the back cover and you will find there are two wheel looking things by the very top that the harness must be strung through for it to fit right. You cannot just reattach it through the holes in the back to the splitter.....

Zaveri's Dad

I accidentally removed one of the straps as the OP's hubby did (instructions are useless to us men). I am going to attempt to remove the back panel & re route the strap the same way the other one (that I didnt remove) is routed. I will try to take some pics with the back removed & post them later.

Zaveri's Dad

I accidentally removed one of the straps as the OP's hubby did (instructions are useless to us men). I am going to attempt to remove the back panel & re route the strap the same way the other one (that I didnt remove) is routed. I will try to take some pics with the back removed & post them later.

ForumRunner_20140220_211502.png

ForumRunner_20140220_211533.png

ForumRunner_20140220_211626.png

ForumRunner_20140220_211642.png

ForumRunner_20140220_211656.png

After you remove the two screws from the back panel, the panel slides upward and out. You can then see how the harness is routed and can rethread them correctly. It is very easy to fix. Good luck.

YinzerMama

Hmmm. I feel like this thread his disproven the claim that the harness is non-removable.

I wonder if they will ever offer replacements in the event of disaster? I haven't thought about that flaw in a while since it's been ages since I had to take apart a car seat for puke or pee - and now that I said that, I worry I have jinxed myself...

featherhead

After you remove the two screws from the back panel, the panel slides upward and out. You can then see how the harness is routed and can rethread them correctly. It is very easy to fix. Good luck.

Chicco does have instructions on how to put the harness back together, if you have disassembled it. Did you follow their instructions, or do it your own way? I haven't looked at the instructions myself, so I don't know. I just wouldn't want people following your picture if in fact it is not the way Chicco says to do it.

lilti9er

I've been guilty of removing the harness straps from the splitter plate when I first got the seat but luckily my hands were small enough to route the straps back through when I lowered the headrest...not hard at all. It wasn't until later when I realized it was much easier to remove from the bottom hahaha

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
OK, I'm sitting here chuckling at all the dads who have come out of the woodwork on this thread to admit their awesomeness :). While I don't have this seat, I have been known to attack carseats first and read directions later, witness the rear-facing only seat sitting in my guest room with the wonky canopy.

It happens to all of us one time or another ;).

kwitt

[multiple attached pictures snipped from quoted post for bandwidth/netiquette]

THANK YOU for posting those pictures. I've spent far too much time looking for instructions for fixing this and of course it's a holiday weekend so customer support is closed. Very simple as you said - thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC