Think this Recaro Start deal is legitimate?

ADS

groovymom2000

What is that site? It seems a bit strange to me--wonder if they deal in returns and surplus. It is dirt cheap, and boy I wish I could justify another booster purchase, but....

becca011906

Senior Community Member
Very differant site for sure... i emailed to ask about if it was a returned item or what the DOM is... i've been wanting to get ds one, but couldn't justify the price till he was closer to out growing the parkway... hummm

becca011906

Senior Community Member
I just don't know i can't find reviews online about that site or anything, they have tons of stuff, strollers, car seat, electrical stuff, computer stuff, tv's all kinda of stuff... the car seat seem like some stuff is way marked down, and some if right around all others prices... kinda odd...

southpawboston

that does seem like a terrific price, but would you want that over a new vivo (which costs even less)? the start is somewhat dated and i think i remember seeing a european side impact video showing it didn't do so great. on the other hand, that might have been the older start with smaller headwings. also, i think it did quite well in the NHTSA frontal impact tests.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It has to perform much better in the US, it's top tethered :). No top tether in EU...lots of loading of the child, way more side movement in a side crash.

I would love to try my 10 yo in a Vivo...for now, the Start is the only highback he really fits in comfortably, and I dig any excuse to try new seats (maybe wait for the Alto, which is supposed to be huge and fit the 5th %ile female dummy?)

becca011906

Senior Community Member
Ok julie what's the Alto, i need more info... but i'm thinking the new sunshine kids booster is going to be it for us... hummmm

scatterbunny

The new Sunshine Kids booster looks awesome, but it's only supposed to be 1.5" deeper than the Monarch; not enough for me to justify it. And I really want a booster that can be secured to the vehicle; I love the top-tethering of the Start. I love that it is so highly adjustable (depth and width and height).

I *so* want to trust this company, but no reviews! :confused:

becca011906

Senior Community Member
I new something like that was just to great to be true... :(
So jenny is the monarch and parkway the same for leg room??? Ds is just now starting to complain that his legs aren't comfy anymore and they are defintly to long, but he only complains when it's long long trips (over 1.5 hours or so) or when he's trying to sleep (then we do the whole pill the pillows, blanckets under him and he's ok. but I'm seeing we need to change soon too... :(

Michi

So jenny is the monarch and parkway the same for leg room???

We bought Monarchs for my oldest 2 kids because they seemed to have a little more 'seat room' than the Parkways when we tried them out in the store. I also love the way they recline - which gives even a little more room!
The arm-rests take a little getting used to, but I would buy them again in a heartbeat!

ZephyrBlue

I bit the bullet and ordered a Young Sport from them. I called AmEx after I ordered and they told me that if I did not get the item, to be sure to let them know and they'd dispute it. We've had really good luck w/AE in the past re: disputing charges. And AmEx gave me the phone number to 2checkout.com, who pays Zerenox for items that Zerenox ships for them. The CSR that I spoke with at 2checkout.com said that if for some reason I don't get my item, to let them know asap and they will issue me a full refund if Zerenox cannot provide a vaild tracking number that checks out, etc. So, I took a chance. I'd love a Young Sport for $93 :eek: We'll see what happens; I'm crossing fingers but not holding my breath.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC