Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

View Poll Results: Which one should I get:

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chicco Nextfit

2 22.22%
  • Diono Radian RXT

4 44.44%
  • Clek Foonf

3 33.33%
  • Other - Please Comment!

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Chicco Nextfit vs Diono Radian RXT vs Clek Foonf

I am hesitating between these 3 seats.. I have read a lot about each individual ones and love them all, so I guess the tie breaker will be how they fit in my car since I think they will all be suitable to ERF my daughter (She is 8 months, 21lbs, 29"). Does anyone have pictures of any of these seats installed in a Lexus RX? All toughts and comments that could help me with my decision are more than welcome!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Chicco Nextfit vs Diono Radian RXT vs Clek Foonf

I have two Radians and a Lexus Rx400h and they install beautifully both rear and forward facing. I have them rear facing and just love them! I had a Britax Marathon before and I also loved it but when I put it rear facing behind the passenger I couldn't see out the passenger window AT ALL because the seat was so big and up high on a base. Don't get me wrong the Radian still blocks some of my view but not nearly as much as the Marathon. I think you will have problems with the Nextfit and Foonf blocking your view since they are both bigger seats and on bases. I do love the Nextfit but I love how the Radian fits in my car! I do use angle adjusters with both of mine and the front seats can be put almost all the way back without touching the Radian even though they can if need be. I can take some pictures tomorrow if you want.

4. Thank You from:

FDG

@#1babysitter Thank you that's really helpful! Yes I would love to see some pictures please Do you have/have you tried installing one in the middle or is that impossible in the Lexus RX?

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    @#1babysitter Thank you that's really helpful! Yes I would love to see some pictures please Do you have/have you tried installing one in the middle or is that impossible in the Lexus RX?
    I just grabbed a couple pictures sorry they are not that clear the lighting was super bad. I don't use one installed in the middle because it doesn't work for my 3 across but you can definitely do it. The "hump" in the middle isn't that big so the Radian fits on it just fine but I wouldn't use an angle adjuster with it in the middle because it does block my view in the rear view mirror. With it outboard it doesn't block my view at all.
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Thank You from:

FDG

@#1babysitter Thank you so much for the pictures! It actually fits quite nicely it there, a lot better then I tought!

Now I just need to find pictures of the Nextfit and the Foonf. Anyone?

RobRentATX

I have seen some pics of the Chicco Keyfit in an RX350 behind the passenger seat. From the looks of it even with the rear seat back the passenger seat needed to be moved up a bit to accommodate it. Not sure how the Keyfit compares to the NextFit.

Bumping for pictures of the Nextfit and Foonf! *pretty please*

Try contacting the folks at Clek for a photo of the Foonf in your car. I called them and a wonderfully helpful person emailed some photos of the Foonf in the same model vehicle I drive. Hope they can help you!

12. Thank You from:

FDG