Chicco Nextfit vs Diono Radian RXT vs Clek Foonf

Which one should I get:

• Total voters

FDG

I am hesitating between these 3 seats.. I have read a lot about each individual ones and love them all, so I guess the tie breaker will be how they fit in my car since I think they will all be suitable to ERF my daughter (She is 8 months, 21lbs, 29"). Does anyone have pictures of any of these seats installed in a Lexus RX? All toughts and comments that could help me with my decision are more than welcome! :)

ADS

#1babysitter

I have two Radians and a Lexus Rx400h and they install beautifully both rear and forward facing. I have them rear facing and just love them! I had a Britax Marathon before and I also loved it but when I put it rear facing behind the passenger I couldn't see out the passenger window AT ALL because the seat was so big and up high on a base. Don't get me wrong the Radian still blocks some of my view but not nearly as much as the Marathon. I think you will have problems with the Nextfit and Foonf blocking your view since they are both bigger seats and on bases. I do love the Nextfit but I love how the Radian fits in my car! I do use angle adjusters with both of mine and the front seats can be put almost all the way back without touching the Radian even though they can if need be. I can take some pictures tomorrow if you want.

FDG

@#1babysitter Thank you that's really helpful! Yes I would love to see some pictures please :) Do you have/have you tried installing one in the middle or is that impossible in the Lexus RX?

#1babysitter

@#1babysitter Thank you that's really helpful! Yes I would love to see some pictures please :) Do you have/have you tried installing one in the middle or is that impossible in the Lexus RX?

I just grabbed a couple pictures sorry they are not that clear the lighting was super bad. I don't use one installed in the middle because it doesn't work for my 3 across but you can definitely do it. The "hump" in the middle isn't that big so the Radian fits on it just fine but I wouldn't use an angle adjuster with it in the middle because it does block my view in the rear view mirror. With it outboard it doesn't block my view at all.

Attachments

• photo-80.JPG
    photo-80.JPG
    374 KB · Views: 65
  • photo-81.JPG
    photo-81.JPG
    281.2 KB · Views: 54
  • photo-82.JPG
    photo-82.JPG
    429.8 KB · Views: 59

FDG

@#1babysitter Thank you so much for the pictures! It actually fits quite nicely it there, a lot better then I tought!

Now I just need to find pictures of the Nextfit and the Foonf. Anyone?

R

RobRentATX

I have seen some pics of the Chicco Keyfit in an RX350 behind the passenger seat. From the looks of it even with the rear seat back the passenger seat needed to be moved up a bit to accommodate it. Not sure how the Keyfit compares to the NextFit.

kld182

Try contacting the folks at Clek for a photo of the Foonf in your car. I called them and a wonderfully helpful person emailed some photos of the Foonf in the same model vehicle I drive. Hope they can help you!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC