Baby Trend Hybrid Combo seat (merged thread)

katymyers

Has anyone seen this? It just popped up on my Facebook feed from Baby Trend saying it just came out. It's only $90 at BRU which is good and it looks narrow but its only got a 50 lbs weight limit for harness mode.

ADS

skylinphoto

From what it looks like, theyre trying hard to revamp that trendz seat.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Car-Seat.Org

creideamh

I thought the FastBack was the one that kinda looked like a Nauti at BRU, and the EuroTrendz? something like that was the one at Target that looks like this.
I'm curious about it...someone get measurements! :p

tiggercat

Does it require the very odd euro "long belt path"? It looks a lot like the Nania one I found at Walmart recently.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

soph's mom

I wish all manufacturers went to at least 60-65 pounds... My not yet three year old is almost 40... Not a chance id buy a 50 lb seat :-/

tiggercat

Yep, except apparently you guys get to chose "front entry" or "rear entry" depending whether or not you use the tether.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

katymyers

The manual is up on the website, it looked really confusing but it might be better looking at it on something other than an iPhone. I was disappointed that the video they had only showed the latch installation and not the seatbelt.

Irishmama

Re: Baby Trend Hybrid?

I can see those red buttons above the armrests being a source of confusion and misuse. Parents and grandparents are getting used to routing a belt over the red parts, and might do so there as well. It'd be really off, but I've seen stranger things...

christineka

It's very similar to the nania/team tex/ferrari combo seat, which is not very user friendly.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician

I really need to try to install my floor model at work, now that I'm over the indignity of not being able to assemble it (the back is HARD to get into the base, argh!). But so far the only pictures I've seen of people trying to install it, it looks like a total bust (there is a long and short belt path, called front and rear entry <childish snicker>, depending on whether you have a top tether or not, and I can't recall which install didn't work, but that seat just lifted and slid all over the place, it's blow molded, so the smooth plastic that makes for a usually-tougher install in many cars). No recline, but it's very tall as a booster.

Stelvis

I really need to try to install my floor model at work, now that I'm over the indignity of not being able to assemble it (the back is HARD to get into the base, argh!). But so far the only pictures I've seen of people trying to install it, it looks like a total bust (there is a long and short belt path, called front and rear entry <childish snicker>, depending on whether you have a top tether or not, and I can't recall which install didn't work, but that seat just lifted and slid all over the place, it's blow molded, so the smooth plastic that makes for a usually-tougher install in many cars). No recline, but it's very tall as a booster.

ROLF at the belt path names

nannykates

I think it looks a bit like they put a harness in a dedicated booster, where most combo seats look like they put a booster on a car seat.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician

Here it is on the nania page, but this is the old one they had at Target, right, with the on-harness adjuster? http://www.nania.com/produit.php?id_produit=208&groupe=0 I can't even find one on that page with the front adjust like the baby trend version has (and the harness is LONG... insanely long, like, no parent of any kid in even the most ginormous of winter coats will ever complain that the harness doesn't fit, as they all do to me at BRU about the Nautilus...)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC