canadian car seats?

Misty-Bug

is the radian the only one in canada that goes up to 65lbs so far? I will NOT buy an american seat but as far as I know it is the only one that goes to 65. Am I right?

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
If the rumours are true, then the 65lbs Marathons have already started shipping... now we just have to see which stores they show up in. ;)

Misty-Bug

oh I wonder if that is why the britax's are on sale at TJs kids store. Last time they had the radians on sale was cause they were getting rid of the old stock. I still couldn't afford those though:( I personally like the radian but was just wondering if it is really one of our only choices right now. The two friends of mine need seats ASAP so there is no waiting for them. But Cooper is only 25lbs. Mind you I should weigh him on the scale at the health unit

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Seats shipped from Britax 1st week of September to many retailers. As to when they show up though, it'll likely be another couple weeks - and the stock won't go out on the floor until the 48lb seats are sold if the retailer has any left.

andbabiesmake4

Seats shipped from Britax 1st week of September to many retailers. As to when they show up though, it'll likely be another couple weeks - and the stock won't go out on the floor until the 48lb seats are sold if the retailer has any left.

Unless you ask them for a 65lb seat. I specifically ordered one so that I could have the higher weight limit. Although they did tell me that they're handing out new stickers too anyone that has a Britax less than a year old.

snowbird25ca

Unless you ask them for a 65lb seat. I specifically ordered one so that I could have the higher weight limit. Although they did tell me that they're handing out new stickers too anyone that has a Britax less than a year old.

Britax has said that they won't be providing new stickers for seats sold with the 48lb stickers - have they changed their mind again?

Mommy090804

Out of curiosity, who is "they"? Are you talking about someone at a retail store or are you talking about a customer service representative from Britax. Sounds too good to be true since we have a Britax DOM 31JAN2007...

BTW, looking forward to seeing the new MAs in retail stores. It has been difficult recommending a seat since the new Radians are just out and we have been waiting on the MAs since May.

Vanessa23

I called today to get a status on when I could expect my MA and the guy said that they had been shipped but it really depends on how long they get held up at customs. He said they had 48 people with them on order!

snowbird25ca

Nope.. It's either Kid's of Children's Furniture Gallery.. right by Once Upon a Child :)

And yes, I'm right in the city. Southside near Whyte :)

I realized after I posted that there was another store that carried Britax. It's hard to type things one letter at a time using a mouse though, so I just left the post the way it was. ;)

It's such a small world, Edmonton must just have a lot of internet savvy folks - or maybe more are looking for info after the fatality back in August...

Anyways, if you need/want your seats checked, just let me know. I'm in the west end close to WEM. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC