Canadians - MEC Ursus suits on sale

geekKT

Wasn't 100% sure of where to put this but thought I'd post..

The Ursus fleece suits at MEC are currently on sale at $33. Seems to be last years colors, pink and gray, in stores and on the website.

I picked up a pink one for DD, and I'm glad I went in. I heard they ran big but I was still debating between 12m and 18m, ended up getting 12m and my three year old currently has it on. I think we'll easily get two winters out of it.

ADS

SnoGurl

Thanks! I need to order one, but trying to figure out sizing is hurting my head. Anyone have any suggestions on size for a 20lb, 30", 26 month old? I'm not fussy about it getting us through more then one winter.

geekKT

Haha, the sizing drove me nuts too, and I gave up and drove to the store. I'll bump this though in the hopes that someone else who has one chimes in...

What size does the baby fit in any other brands? For example, I have an Old Navy 18-24m bear suit I could compare my 12m one to, if that would give you an idea?

I'd probably place bets that 24m will be quite big though... search Ursus on the forums and there are a few threads. My three year old is over 40 inches, though I'm not sure how much right now, and while the 12m one hits him at mid-calf, it fits his body and zips just fine. Otherwise, maybe featherhead, Canadiangie, or amyd would know?

SnoGurl

Haha, the sizing drove me nuts too, and I gave up and drove to the store. I'll bump this though in the hopes that someone else who has one chimes in...

What size does the baby fit in any other brands? For example, I have an Old Navy 18-24m bear suit I could compare my 12m one to, if that would give you an idea?

I'd probably place bets that 24m will be quite big though... search Ursus on the forums and there are a few threads. My three year old is over 40 inches, though I'm not sure how much right now, and while the 12m one hits him at mid-calf, it fits his body and zips just fine. Otherwise, maybe featherhead, Canadiangie, or amyd would know?

Actually, if you could compare it to the 18-24 month bear suit that would be perfect, as I also have one of those and that sizing would probably be exactly what I need. The nearest MEC is a good drive away (hour and a half?), and I'm not sure I can get there any time soon :s thank you!

featherhead

I would think the 18 month one would fit. I'm not sure where mine is right now, otherwise I would take some measurements for you.

featherhead

Ok, I had to find it, lol. This is an 18 month Ursus suit. From shoulder to crotch it measures about 21 inches. From crotch to bottom of the leg is 10 inches. Sleeves are 14 inches from shoulder to cuff.

featherhead

And... just to serial post here, lol, here are the same measurements for the 12 month suit: Shoulder to crotch is about 19 inches. Crotch to bottom of leg about 9 inches. Sleeve from shoulder to cuff is about 13 inches. Looking back and seeing that your lo is only 30", I'd say a 12 month one just may fit :) I measured the length of the 18 month from shoulder to bottom of the leg, and it was about 30"!

geekKT

IMGP0277.jpg

IMGP0278.jpg

That's 12m sized fleece MEC suit (and it's not quite as neon as it looks, bad light :p) next to and then with the 18-24 Old Navy suit over top. I sort of tried and failed to line up the shoulders, but the MEC one is slightly longer in the body, and has 2+ inches on it by the time you get to the bottom of the legs.

amyd

My boys both wore the 12 month size their first winter. Both were born in April. P it lasted P until Spring (except the feet part cause his are huge). I can't remember if J made it all the way to spring in it or not, but he's a big boy. He's 27 months now and 36lbs. J wore the 24 month size MEC Toaster Suit last winter when he was 19-23 months and it was perfect. Hope that's helpful.

SnoGurl

Keep forgetting to update, but just wanted to come back and thank everyone for their help-- got my suit in the mail and it fits perfect!

biddyk8

Hey Snogurl,

wondered was it the 12 or 18mth u got in the end? Im trying to firgure out what to get my 30" 22lbish 17 month old. she is still in 12 month pants but 18 month tops. Id really like to get all winter out of it.

I want it for rides to and from daycare, and ill just leave her proper snow gear there during the week. Has anyone seen good deals on proper gear in small sizes?

SnoGurl

Hey Snogurl,

wondered was it the 12 or 18mth u got in the end? Im trying to firgure out what to get my 30" 22lbish 17 month old. she is still in 12 month pants but 18 month tops. Id really like to get all winter out of it.

I want it for rides to and from daycare, and ill just leave her proper snow gear there during the week. Has anyone seen good deals on proper gear in small sizes?

I ended up ordering the 18 month, and I'm really glad I did. I tried it on her last week, and over jeans the 12 month one would have been a tight fit. Dni is also in 12 month pants and just moved into 18 month shirts, so sounds like a very similair idea.

I haven't seen any deals on proper gear yet (have been avoiding looking!), but I will probably buy a OshKosh snow suit again this year. BonnieTogs/Carter's had them for great deals last year and it held up really, really well (infact, looks almost brand new and I just sold it for about $10 less then I paid for it because it looks so good). I was also really impressed with how warm it was.

biddyk8

Thanks 18month one it is.

she still fits into her coat and snowpants from last year that are rated to -10 so i think ill keep them for start of winter then sell them for the end of it when its heating up again but I'll need to get proper rated to -30 style ones for her. Its boots will be my problem. shes still a size 3 :(

SnoGurl

Thanks 18month one it is.

she still fits into her coat and snowpants from last year that are rated to -10 so i think ill keep them for start of winter then sell them for the end of it when its heating up again but I'll need to get proper rated to -30 style ones for her. Its boots will be my problem. shes still a size 3 :(

S was a size 3 last winter and I actually ended up getting her boots at Canadian Tire. Really nice cold weather rated ones too, I was impressed with them, and they had them out early (mid-Sept maybe?).

biddyk8

I would never have looked there. Have only even thought about it because superstore had all their snowboots out earlier when i was in:eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC