Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Toms

Toms

Anyone love their shoes? Are they comfy? Do they hold up well? Just asking because they are having a big Toms warehouse sale here July 25-28 so I wonder if it will be worth going.

Marsha, Godmother to Nour & Zain (8) and grandparent (aka "Nanny Marsha") to Ethan (8), Katelyn & Owen (7), and Chase, (6)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Yes! I bought a pair on super sale last year, and have been hunting for more ever since. They're similar to a ballet flat, IMO. I wear mine 2-3 times a week and they still look good after a year.

I'm a fan of Toms. I would go check out the sale. Just try things on because sizing can vary between different colors of the same style.
    DS1 3.24.10 riding in a Frontier 90 in booster mode and a Cybex M-Fix.
    DS2 1.18.14 rear facing in a Foonf and a Fllo.

Yes, to what Monica said! If you try on a pair of size 7 and they fit, don't just grab more size 7s and buy them without trying them on. The sizing can be inconsistent, so you need to try on each shoe you buy even if they are all the same size. What kind of prices are they at the sale? I just bought the boys Toms when they were on sale, but wasn't able to find a good price on adults.

Re: Toms

Okay, I am going to have to think long and hard about how bad I want to go. I didn't even know about it until my SIL posted it on her FB page. Anyway, I found some reviews about it on Yelp for the one they just had in CA. One reviewer got there at 8:00 for the 10:00 opening and it was 10:20 by the time she got to the shoes. She said the shoes got pretty disorganized after a while. She then waited in line for 1.5 hours, just to pay!

Prices are definitely good according to one reviewer: Classics - $20 ($60-$65 regular price). Cordones - $30. Botas - $35. Wedges -$30.

My SIL can't go until Saturday, but if just getting in is going to take hours, I might not be able to do it because Ethan's birthday party is at 2:30 and it's a 35 minute drive to get to where his party is and the place where the Toms sale is will be 30 minutes from my house!

Another reviewer said she got there at 8:00 and it was 3:00 before she got in! There is no way in hell I'd wait THAT long! There isn't any pair of shoes I'd be willing to stand in line for that long, especially when it is supposed to be 104 degrees on Saturday.

Marsha, Godmother to Nour & Zain (8) and grandparent (aka "Nanny Marsha") to Ethan (8), Katelyn & Owen (7), and Chase, (6)

Quote Originally Posted by msg221 View Post
    Okay, I am going to have to think long and hard about how bad I want to go. I didn't even know about it until my SIL posted it on her FB page. Anyway, I found some reviews about it on Yelp for the one they just had in CA. One reviewer got there at 8:00 for the 10:00 opening and it was 10:20 by the time she got to the shoes. She said the shoes got pretty disorganized after a while. She then waited in line for 1.5 hours, just to pay!

Prices are definitely good according to one reviewer: Classics - $20 ($60-$65 regular price). Cordones - $30. Botas - $35. Wedges -$30.

My SIL can't go until Saturday, but if just getting in is going to take hours, I might not be able to do it because Ethan's birthday party is at 2:30 and it's a 35 minute drive to get to where his party is and the place where the Toms sale is will be 30 minutes from my house!

Another reviewer said she got there at 8:00 and it was 3:00 before she got in! There is no way in hell I'd wait THAT long! There isn't any pair of shoes I'd be willing to stand in line for that long, especially when it is supposed to be 104 degrees on Saturday.
    Yeah, no. I'd rather pay full price than do that. Yuck. You have fun if you decide to go lol!
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Hannah - 16 - Seatbelt! Reya - 1.5 4Ever/BLVD/Peg
    Brett - 15 - Seatbelt Nolan - 2.5 - 4Ever/Fllo
    Matt- 11 - Seatbelt Baby Boy due 1/17/19 Pipa
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG

I did go today and got there around 10:40 (they opened at 10:00). There was a line to get in but only took about ten minutes before I got into the warehouse. Everything was organized very well, with well marked signs. It was hot in there. No AC, just huge blower fans. They were nice enough to provide bottled water!

You did have to check very carefully to make sure you had a right and a left shoe (lots of times I picked up a pair and noticed they were two right or two left shoes!). As expected, there were sizes in the wrong bins too but as long as you checked all your shoes carefully, you were fine.

Checkout was quick too. I only waited in line about ten minutes.

Anyway, I ended up with 12 pairs of shoes for $167 after tax. I only got one pair for me, the rest were for the kids and I picked up a couple pair for another member here. I will probably go back on Sunday with my SIL. I still want a pair of brown Classics but they were out of my size. They constantly re-stock so hopefully I find them Sunday!

Awesome! I'm glad the wait wasn't long!

Senior Community Member
    How much did you get the adult sizes for?
    Andraya-6 Nathaniel-4 Annalee Grace 18mon

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Quote Originally Posted by jewlsvern View Post
    How much did you get the adult sizes for?

The Classics styles were $20 for Women's and $15 for Mens; Cordones (lace up oxford style) $30 for women's and $25 for mens; Botas (boots) $35 for women's and $30 for men's, and Stitchouts (look like the Classics except the stitching is large and stands out) $25 for women's and $20 for men's. I wish they would have had the ballet flat style available but they didn't. They had all sorts of solid colors, prints, canvas, corduroy, etc. I also don't understand why the women's are more expensive for the same style. Probably a money maker, knowing that it's mostly women there shopping, which it was, especially to buy the kids shoes!

Here is my haul! I actually have 12 pair, but two are the same pink camo style so I only took a pic with one pair:

Last edited by msg221; 07-27-2013 at 12:16 PM.

12. Thank You from:

Carseat Crazy
    Ohhhhh I'm so jealous.... Wish we ha something lik that around here!!!

Carseat Crazy
    Thanks for the tip! Went today and got six pairs for dd. There was a 45 min wait to get in and a 45 min wait to check out. Overall worth it though!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    Thanks for the tip! Went today and got six pairs for dd. There was a 45 min wait to get in and a 45 min wait to check out. Overall worth it though!
    I went today too, but not until about 3:45. I didn't find anything for me but did get two pairs for Owen and my DH got himself a pair. No wait to get in and about 10 minutes to check out.

And if anyone is in the Denver area, they are headed there next, August 22-25th! And if you do go, I would be ever so grateful if you could find me one more pair!