Question chest clip question

brelza

photo.php

This popped up on my fb and I thought YAY for them using baby in the middle seat rear facing. Then it got me thinking. I've always put the chest clip across the chest around armpit level. Some people have asked me and I always say it belongs there. Does chest clip position vary from seat to seat? But then I got to thinking maybe it's placed wrong in the photo. Just looking for clarification so I'm not telling friends and family the wrong thing.

OK..so the photo on my fb didn't show up...but maybe someone can clarify without the photo? The chest clip looks about 1-1.5" above the buckle and it looks like a graco myride. It's one the Temple Walmart FB page if anyone is local.

ADS

katymyers

I can't see your picture but to answer your question the chest clip must ALWAYS be at armpit level on all seats.

brelza

I can't see your picture but to answer your question the chest clip must ALWAYS be at armpit level on all seats.

I thought so. Thanks! the chest clip looks really low in the photo on the belly area and it looks like the toddler is actually holding onto it/messing with it.

Friends and family often ask questions about car seats I was thinking they ALL should be at armpit level and knew it was like that for all the seats the I have used but didn't know for sure if it was correct saying all chest clips go at armpit level. :)

1mommy

When talking to family and friends it may be helpful to remind them that it's called a chest clip- not a belly clip ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC