What is your dream/custom car seat?

tl01

I'm sure this has been asked before... but I've been thinking that there is no "perfect" seat for me at this moment; however, if I could just combine the features of a few seats I'd be thrilled. I'm wondering what features would make the perfect seat for everyone else. Maybe someone at SK, Britax, Recaro etc will read our wishes and make some great seats..LOL!

Anyway, the seat I want would be a Recaro Como with LATCH Bars, Britax straps/tongues, a cute boy themed cover, removeable TSIP (in case baby doesn't like it), and a RF tether as an option.

I like the Recaro... there's just a few points I don't love about it and it seems that if I could combine my Boulevard and Como I'd be set:)

ADS

areinn

I just wish that there was still an infant carrier with a strap instead of a handle. I absolutely loved my Fisher Price Stay in View. I still have it, it's DOM was 12/02/00 so it is still good til the end of 2008. I am due in February and would love to use it for this baby except for one major problem. I have misplaced the cover. I took it off for storage and can't for the life of me remember what I did with it. Dang, my bad luck.

jennsmile

My dream is a set of carseats that are made to go together with your vehicle. I would love to have seats that you can just add to your backseat that all fit together with no puzzling and trying different seats. I would love for them to click together and be one when installed. Custom made for each vehicle with short harness heights for new borns and with tall harness slots like on the regent. And the have them to be able to rearface and forward face. But for them to fit the vehicle and come free or for a set price say $1000 for the life of the car. Like I own a taurus and I could go to any Forddealership and they would put the seats in. And they would be as safe as factory installed seat but for little people. Each car company would be required to make seats that fit their car and work together. like instead of having three carseats with two high sides on each they could mesh somehow and share sides like you share armrests on airplanes.

Anyway that is my idea.

Jenn

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Reality = Scandinavian Britax Two Way Plus/Elite

Fantasy = RF'able Roosevelt (without added leg or head inserts) and/or RF'able Recaro Young Sport with Radianish FF harness limits & an infant-only detachable portion carried by a strap + built in mirror (never had a SIV but loved the one I got to play with!) or RF'able Scandinavian Evolva with higher FF limits (I can't read Swedish or Norwegian, but I *think* it's only FF?)

I don't really care about cup or toy holders anymore: just longest possible safety with really comfy sleep features & nice soft, breathable cover fabric....

Lea_Ontario

My dream is a set of carseats that are made to go together with your vehicle. I would love to have seats that you can just add to your backseat that all fit together with no puzzling and trying different seats. I would love for them to click together and be one when installed. Custom made for each vehicle with short harness heights for new borns and with tall harness slots like on the regent. And the have them to be able to rearface and forward face. But for them to fit the vehicle and come free or for a set price say $1000 for the life of the car. Like I own a taurus and I could go to any Forddealership and they would put the seats in. And they would be as safe as factory installed seat but for little people. Each car company would be required to make seats that fit their car and work together. like instead of having three carseats with two high sides on each they could mesh somehow and share sides like you share armrests on airplanes.

Anyway that is my idea.

Jenn

I LOVE this idea - like a van seat that's removable, but with child seats instead. No worries about fit, and just as safe as a vehicle seat itself is.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC