Different Maxi Cosi Prioris???

mominabigtruck

I am asking because I am ready to just throw the marathon away. I am so sick of dealing with britax and their crappy cs, and yes I mean susan too that I'm just ready to sell all of the new stuff I put in it and throw away the seat. I just bought a brand new cover, straps, buckles and eps foam so I'm a little crabby right now. I looked at the priori at target and thought it looked really nice but I didn't like the buckles at all. I was looking and found it in really pretty covers online with no chest clip and what looks like a different buckle.

I'm not impressed at all by the recaros and I already have a evenflo advance that I love but I want to try something new. Does anyone have the pretty colored priori and what do you think of it??

ADS

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Are you sure the pretty colors and no chest clip version was the US version? That seat is also sold in Europe, and I suspect that's what you found.

southpawboston

Are you sure the pretty colors and no chest clip version was the US version? That seat is also sold in Europe, and I suspect that's what you found.

yeah, the stock photos may just be used from the euro sites. the same thing happens when you shop for the young sport. i was actually disappointed mine didn't come with the beautiful long harness pads that the internet picture had shown. :rolleyes:

ThreeBeans

I think those 'pretty' ones are just the European seats. Not sure they're even legal for use here?

What's wrong with the Marathon :confused:

mominabigtruck

The base doesn't lock into place when its rfing. I installed it for the first time the other day with latch in my new car and while the install was great I could move the whole base side to side without the actual seat moving. And according the lovely cs reps at britax its supposed to do that.

bbartlettnfld

I am pretty sure that the buckles are all the same... I had a UK MCP that had the exact same puzzle buckle as the Cosco AOE I had.

katiesmommy

Can you take a short video of what the Marathon is doing so that they can see and not just try to figure out from hearing about it?

Morganthe

Yep, that's the identical model (but newer) as my Euro Maxi Cosi. You can immediately tell the difference by the slide on the front of the base, just below the seat area on the corner. It opens up the locking plate for the lap part of a 3pt seatbelt. It will not rear face.

I doubt that's what they're really selling, but you could always call and see :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC