Need help quick

koda&phiasmama

We had to make a trip into the city it's 25 miles of bumper to bumper traffic DD was hysterical the whole way, threw up, and took her arms out of the seat twice we will only be at our destination for only 15ish mins then we turn right back and travel the same route home, would you turn her for the ride ? She's 2.5 and 31lbs currently in a TFP today. She was balling "hold me mommy" I don't know what's up with her she's totally off today !

ADS

bakinlove

Do you have to come right back? Can you stop at a fast food place grab a "treat" hold her and snuggle her or let her run around and play and then maybe she will be calmer or fall asleep on the way back?

SavsMom

Part of me says - yes id turn her.

But then reading the bumper to bumper traffic part - I say no.

Could you snuggle her for a few minutes before you head home?

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Do you really think that turning her FF would solve the problem, though? I'd take a break, maybe get a refreshment, calm her down before you leave for the return trip.

koda&phiasmama

We ended up not turning her, I just couldn't make myself do it. The crappy part is we were going to pick our dog up from surgery in a not so great part of the city that just so happens to not be near a whole lot of anything! But for now she is content with the promise of a special treat when we're home. She has been making car rides gradually more difficult with taking the harness off but today was awful it doesn't help that's its 100 degrees out. I hope the puking was just a freak thing and not a sign of her turning carsick I know FF wouldn't really solve that long term.

Thanks everyone for your fast input !

DD is kinda going through that phase. And she's FF. It's not the car seat. It's them wanting attention and physical touch (even in the house she has started wanting to be physically in a lap or something like that).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC