How to ship a car seat

niccig

I'm returning a BV to the store (changed my mind, this board is a bad influence according to my DH :rolleyes:) What's the best way and cheapest way to ship it? I thought the postal office with tracking and insurance. Any other suggestions??

Nicci

ADS

Mama!

If I'm not mistaken, the PO will only ship boxes up to a certain size.

I am about to ship a summit deluxe to a friend in need, and I am going to UPS it.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

If you have it in the box, weigh it on your scales at home and measure it. You can go to the ups website and it will tell you the estimated shipping amount. I believe you can do this with Fed Ex and the post office too. I sold one of my Boulevard seats (I had three:rolleyes:) and shipped it from Pennsylvania to Dallas, OR and shipping was $66.91. I just did that last week. Luckily they paid the shipping.

niccig

THanks everyone. I'll get the measurements etc, and work out who best to send it with. I don't mind $30, but $66, that's a lot. I'll see what I can get.

Morganthe

Do the measurements and make sure it doesn't qualify as an "Oversized package" according to USPS.com

When I mailed the Evenflo Triumph, it was about $22 parcel post from TX - Boston area, normal size.

But the Recaro Start box -- taller & more narrow -- was considered oversized. Within TX borders, it was $19 to ship about 175 miles. As regular sized, it would have been around $11.

Mama!

What about if you dont have the original box? Do places like UPS store have boxes for you to use?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC