Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CPS Technician

Girly plush harness strap covers

Title says it all.
    DD1 15 yrs old DD2 7yrs old

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member rachelandtyke's Avatar

Re: Girly plush harness strap covers

which seat?
    DD1: 13, finally five-stepping!
    DS: 9, Chicco KidFit, HBTB
    DD2: 6, ffing RA50

CPS Technician
    It doesn't matter. Recaro would be my first choice. Just plush & girly for our SN seat.

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Did you call the company that makes it to see what's available from them? I'd be uncomfortable adding plush strap covers, especially to a sn seat...
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Yeah aftermarket covers are generally frowned upon bc they aren't crash tested...
    Soph- 9-10-10 riding in radians RXT, XTSL, and 65SL
    John- 5-03-13 our angel...
    Rucker- 10-14-14 riding in a coccoro & snugride
    (Poor guy- took me over a month to add his info!)

I'm sure she knows that, she's a tech.

I'm just curious what the manufacturer would offer; if they approved something specifically maybe we could help find it.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Quote Originally Posted by ketchupqueen View Post
    I'm sure she knows that, she's a tech.

I'm just curious what the manufacturer would offer; if they approved something specifically maybe we could help find it.
    I didn't know that... My phone doesn't show signatures and I did check her profile on the app but it said nothing about being a cpst...

Are names not colored on the app? She's green.

No colors and I'm not posting her profile info but all it gives is the state on my app...

ETA- I did look before I responded in the first place...
    Last edited by soph's mom; 08-21-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Hmmmm, that should be remedied.

Hmmmm, that should be remedied.
    Yeah, that would be nice and it would be nice to seem some form of people's sigs so we know a little more info... I (almost) never access this site from anything else...

If you are on the iPhone app, you can click the thread's title and see the web version. I use that to see if there is any siggy info. I think you can adjust your settings to see a little more in the app, but clicking the title can help.
    ~Shannon
    DD (11.5) Seatbelt; DS (9) Incognito; DD2 (7) Britax Parkway; DD3 (4.5) Graco Nautilus

CPS Technician
    I'm waiting for a rep to call back on Monday. Yes I know your not suppose to alter a seat. I've been talking with another tech who's SN certified. We feel a girly strap covers will help with transition from her current seat. SN kids don't always follow best practice. KWIM? I'm looking at the Recaro Monza seat. It fits our needs the best but comes in gray only. They do sell strap covers in gray only. Recaro doesn't sell directly to the consumer either. Dd has a giant torso with poor core strength. In April her torso was 18" inches but her resting torso in 17". The Regent is to big for our car. I'm sure she has outgrown the Frontier 85 in our van's stupid captain chair too.

Yeah, I'm sn certified too and recognize the need to sometimes make adjustments. My concern is that they are tested to a different standard.

However, hearing it's the Monza, that's a positioning harness only. I withdraw my objectionand would take her to BRU and get her whatever aftermarket strap covers her heart desires, as long as they don't get in the way of the actual belt. Lol. Maybe picking out her own would be better both on a textural and control basis?

I will mention that the 85 is super reclined in my captain's chairs but the 90 is not and so doesn't lose height, and it comes in girly covers.

CPS Technician
    I will mention that the 85 is super reclined in my captain's chairs but the 90 is not and so doesn't lose height, and it comes in girly covers.
    But no plush covers.

Really on the after market covers? I personally would feel better using a car seats manufactures covers versus after market.

I haven't felt them all, but the non-black on mine is kinda fuzzy. Not all-over plush, no. Quite padded and my sensory disordered kid liked it when I had her feel it.

I haven't tried the Pinnacle at all, maybe it's more soft?

CPS Technician
    I haven't tried the Pinnacle at all, maybe it's more soft?
    But how much more space will it be & for how long? I believe we will need a harness for at least a couple more years, if not more.

Well, that depends on your vehicle.

When uninstalled, I measured the harness at about 1/4-1/2" difference.

When I put it in my vehicle? I actually gained about 3 or 3 1/2 inches in the second row...