Question Graco Mysize 70

mburks26

When do we know when to move the headrest/straps up? We have had this since May when dd was 8 months and haven't had any issues with seat. I just cant tell when to move up since its different then other seats I am used to.

ADS

MommyShannon

If they start seeming low, move it up a click and see if they are still at or below her shoulders. I just check every now and then with seats like that.

Mercuria

Yeah, I'd check the next click up when the straps seem like they're squishing her down or they seem like they'll slip off her shoulders because of how far the "slots" are from her shoulders. I'd also check if the head rest portion just seems too low for her head. It's not an exact science, and if they're below her shoulders, seem comfortable, and stay put, then it's not a problem :)

ETA: I'd also check if I wanted some type of confirmation that my kid had grown. I may or may not do this ;)

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
What a cutie!

They look okay to me. If they are just a smidgen above, I tend to just call them "at," but I am pretty laid-back about it when kiddo has plenty of room to ramp up. Is the fit better with the headrest on the higher slot, or the lower?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC