Why doesn't Wal-Mart sell Britax?

MaryAnn

Why? I know that in a lot of places, like where I used to live, Wal-Mart was the only place to find baby items. Not everyone has a Target or Babies R Us nearby or feel comfortable shopping online but almost everyone has a Wal-Mart close.:scratcheshead:

ADS

lovinwaves

Probably Price. Or maybe Walmart couldn't work out a deal with Britax. It would be nice if they could at least sell the Radian, and Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe.

beebear23

Senior Community Member
Probably b/c most people who shop at walmart can't afford Britax or don't think it's worth the money.

It would be nice if they sold something other than Dorel, Graco and Evenflo though. Or in addition to, I should say.

ZephyrBlue

I think that *most* Wal Mart shoppers are looking for price vs. quality. (I buy groceries and stuff at Wal Mart and only buy the brands we like, but even the name brand stuff is cheaper)

A cheaper seat is going to sell better at Wal Mart than a Britax. But the FPSVD idea is fantastic! I wish they would have marketed it at WM. A great seat for an affordable price. Maybe they would even stop selling all the OHS seats ;)

mimieliza

Probably b/c most people who shop at walmart can't afford Britax or don't think it's worth the money.

That assumption doesn't really make sense when you consider the number of small towns where Walmart is the only option for baby supplies. It's hard to imagine if you're in a big city, but in small towns, nearly everyone shops at Walmart sometimes.

The closest Target is 70 miles away; the nearest BRU over 200 miles away. I don't shop at Walmart because I can't afford Target, I shop there because it's the only option (and I hate it, but that's another story).

I think WM doesn't carry Britax because they can't get them to drop the price. I don't understand, though, why the FPSVD couldn't have been carried at WM. Heck, I don't understand why my WM still doesn't have the Evenflo Triumph Advance - they just have the old Triumph.

MySillyKids

I remember hearing that walmart doesn't pay in advance for their items. The dealer gets paid, when the item is sold. Maybe thats the issue?

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

That assumption doesn't really make sense when you consider the number of small towns where Walmart is the only option for baby supplies. It's hard to imagine if you're in a big city, but in small towns, nearly everyone shops at Walmart sometimes.

The closest Target is 70 miles away; the nearest BRU over 200 miles away. I don't shop at Walmart because I can't afford Target, I shop there because it's the only option (and I hate it, but that's another story).

I think WM doesn't carry Britax because they can't get them to drop the price. I don't understand, though, why the FPSVD couldn't have been carried at WM. Heck, I don't understand why my WM still doesn't have the Evenflo Triumph Advance - they just have the old Triumph.

Ditto that for me. Walmart is the only store in our town that carries baby stuff. We need to drive 36 miles one way to get to a mall in New York State where there is a Target (we just got it last year) and a Toys R Us that doesn't even carry Britax. Or drive 64 miles south to get to a mall that only has a Toys R Us with no Britax seats. Everything I buy just about comes from the internet site unseen. So I TOTALLY rely on you guys on this forum to give me your opinions/reviews/photos etc. for my knowledge and reviews on some stores.

MaryAnn

I don't understand how they can sell a $1,000 plasma but not a $200 car seat?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician

It would be nice if they sold something other than Dorel, Graco and Evenflo though. Or in addition to, I should say.

Heeeeeeeyyyyy...I shop at walmart...:love:
It's amazing enough they have Britaxes at Target... when you put it in perspective of history, where the ONLY place to get a Britax was a fancy baby boutique (not even BRU), then Britax is distributed a LOT more widely than they used to be...I'm sure Walmart is the final frontier... (but they'd probably also have to start making seats in China to make them cost effective to do that, frankly I like paying a little more to keep North Carolinians employed...)

Dillipop

I have heard that Walmart goes to manufacturers and says "I'll pay you this much for your item." My guess is that Britax won't go low enough and with their fixed prices, Walmart wouldn't be able to carry them cheaper than somewhere else. They'd have to sell the marathon for the same as everywhere else.

ThreeBeans

I don't understand how they can sell a $1,000 plasma but not a $200 car seat?

Because Walmart cuts deals with the manufacturers. They sell for less because the convince manufacturers to sell to them for less than wholesale. Usually they can bully suppliers into doing this due to the fact that they'll offer to buy lots and lots, and the supplier gets worried that if he doesn't agree, he could end up out of business.

IF Britax/Recaro/SunshineKids are secure enough in their marketing that they don't *need* wally-world, they aren't going to sell to them for an undermarketed price.

arly1983

My mom is taking the Wal-Mart challange right now: See if you can go one month without shopping at Wal-Mart....so far so good for her (1 week in)

arly1983

We live in a town with a SuperWalmart.

We do not shop there and essentially have not for two years.

Please tell me how...I am wanting to take the challange myself but then I started thinking of all the many things I get there.

I know groceries can come from the grocery store, Medicine, personal care from pharmacy but I just can't find anywhere with reasonable diapers:eek: I guess I need to clip coupons.

I would probably save money in the long run if I didn't shop at WM. I alwasy leave with more than I planned on.

ThreeBeans

Coupons. Or you can go cloth ;) But seriously, if you use Pampers (my only sposie), sign up with them for coupons. You'll get inundated and it does save you quite a bit of cash.

For me it's a matter of principle, so it's easy for me not to darken their doors, know what I mean?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC