My Frontier 90 issue (click tight)

NVMBR02

Uggh. I feel like I jinxed myself by saying I hadn't had any issues with mine the other day.

So, my click tight is stuck open. It will not close. The little buttons you push on the inside are pushed together and will not pop back open so the little bars on the inside wont click into position.

I had had problems with the click tight sticking early on but it seemed to go away so I figured it must have been just me getting used to the seat. I took the seat out of my vehicle this morning to put into my neighbors car so that she could take my youngest dd to sports camp. Once I got the seat out of my vehicle this morning I was unable to get it to install in her van. At first I thought maybe the seating position was incompatible (It is a 2005 Honda Odyssey, third row, center) but then I realized the click tight was completely stuck. :( Luckily she had another seat available that we were able to use this morning.

I called Britax and they were amazing as always. The CS rep went through a few trouble shooting ideas and when none of the worked she said they would replace it. So for the next couple of days I have a very expensive yet very useless seat. :( :(

ADS

erind

I have had some trouble with mine where it seems like the extra webbing for the latch connectors are blocking it from closing. I have to push them towards the front if the seat and can get it to close. They still are rubber banded from the factory as i have never used the latch. I don't move the seat around a lot though.

msg221

Mine got stuck once but somehow I got it un-stuck. I hope it doesn't happen again! Mine got stuck when the seatbelt was unbuckled, but still threaded through it. I was trying to take the seat out of my car because we needed the space.

NVMBR02

I have had some trouble with mine where it seems like the extra webbing for the latch connectors are blocking it from closing. I have to push them towards the front if the seat and can get it to close. They still are rubber banded from the factory as i have never used the latch. I don't move the seat around a lot though.

One of the first things I checked was the LATCH webbing. I also made sure the seatbelt was flat, nothing was caught, etc... The click tight is definitely broken though.

This happened to me as well. Britax is just replaced my seats because of it.

I will say the CS rep didn't sound at all surprised and was quick to offer replacement. I do wonder if this is becoming an issue. I am a little worried, not because I think the seat is unsafe or anything but because if the click tight is broken the seat is totally useless. Hopefully I wont have this issue (or the harness issue that others are having) again.

bnsnyde

Aw, that stinks. I posted asking about my worry that Clicktight would break or something. My reasons were purely hypothetical since normally any fancy features that involve movement...I have no confidence in.

I don't move the seat but if I did want that feature I'd expect it to work. How annoying.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Aw, that stinks. I posted asking about my worry that Clicktight would break or something. My reasons were purely hypothetical since normally any fancy features that involve movement...I have no confidence in.

I don't move the seat but if I did want that feature I'd expect it to work. How annoying.

I'm also super nervous about Click Tight eventually breaking from use. I install and uninstall seats really frequently and sometimes my Click Tight is so easy and other times it takes forever to release it.

NVMBR02

I haven't even moved it that often. I had installed it around 10 times when I first got it in May, trying it in different seating positions and a few combinations. It hadn't moved since then until I went to install it in my friends car yesterday. I am hopeful this won't be a problem in the future but I am a bit nervous.

msg221

This is making me want to get a spare seat because if something goes wrong with my FR90, I currently do not have a spare!

luckyclov

Gah, I don't know what to do. Just went through the foonf vs. 90 debate for my new FFer and the 90 got the vote. Now I'm back to unsure because of this...boo.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

NVMBR02

Gah, I don't know what to do. Just went through the foonf vs. 90 debate for my new FFer and the 90 got the vote. Now I'm back to unsure because of this...boo.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

I can say other than this issue I really love the seat. Ds had a Frontier 85 that I really liked but I like the changes that have been made to the 90. And I think the Click tight feature is pretty amazing. For now, I am going to remain hopeful this was just one of those things that happen. To be honest, I am more afraid I am going to get one of the seats with the rod issue/difficult to adjust harness.

NVMBR02

I just thought I would bump this up with a little update.

The replacement Frontier 90 came while I was out of town. I finally got a chance to install it yesterday afternoon. The click tight on the replacement seat is super easy to use, not at all hard to push in an sticky like that one on the broken seat was. I am now convinced that the click tight on the first seat was not working properly from the get go. So far, the harness on the replacement seat seems easy to use and not difficult to use at all so hopefully we will not run into the rod issue that some people are having.

:)

Athena

I just thought I would bump this up with a little update.

The replacement Frontier 90 came while I was out of town. I finally got a chance to install it yesterday afternoon. The click tight on the replacement seat is super easy to use, not at all hard to push in an sticky like that one on the broken seat was. I am now convinced that the click tight on the first seat was not working properly from the get go. So far, the harness on the replacement seat seems easy to use and not difficult to use at all so hopefully we will not run into the rod issue that some people are having.

:)

Thank you for updating. What's the new DOM? And the broken one was April? I just received an April seat this week, so I've been apprehensive about keeping it, but I don't see a rod problem and haven't actually tried it in the car. So your problem seat was hard to close from the start and the harness hard to tighten? Is that right? Maybe I should check this one for that before deciding.

Athena

Was it just closing it that was difficult? I just tried the seat in my car. It closes easily, but I have to push down inside the seat to get it to release. That's normal, right? The only other one I tried did that, but it was the same DOM.

NVMBR02

The old one closed easily but squeezing the click tight to open was difficult, Many times the click tight would push in on one side, but not the other. When it "broke" the click tight release buttons (not sure what to call them?) were both stuck in so I could close the click tight but the metal bar wouldn't lock into place. I hope I am explaining that clearly. :eek: With the new one both sides push in very easily.

The old one had an April DOM, the new one's DOM is 7/15.

Athena

The old one closed easily but squeezing the click tight to open was difficult, Many times the click tight would push in on one side, but not the other. When it "broke" the click tight release buttons (not sure what to call them?) were both stuck in so I could close the click tight but the metal bar wouldn't lock into place. I hope I am explaining that clearly. :eek: With the new one both sides push in very easily.

Oh no, that sounds just like how this one opens! Would you return it? I have not used this seat, only installed it in my car to test it.

NVMBR02

If it were me, with my previous experience, I would call Britax first and explain how the click tight is sticking and go from there. Hopefully they would offer to replace it with a different seat. I would be afraid I would be stuck without a usable seat.

If Britax did not offer to exchange it I would return it and purchase a different one.

Keeks64

Ack! That's how mine is! One side always sticks! It's difficult sometimes to open & other times is easy so I figured it was maybe my error .... I always unbuckle before undoing the click tight & I think mine has an April DOM

Jessica61624

Ack! That's how mine is! One side always sticks! It's difficult sometimes to open & other times is easy so I figured it was maybe my error .... I always unbuckle before undoing the click tight & I think mine has an April DOM

Mine wouldn't lock on one side. It loosened over a few days.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC