Question Twins on the way and sorting through options

There's wisdom in the masses. What do you think is our best bet?

• Britax B-Chaperone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Safety 1st Onboard 35

• Other

• Total voters

wg17

Wow those Cybex Atons are pricey. Don't think we can justify spending that kind of money on something they may outgrow in less than a year...not given how much we drive and especially not since we're looking at buying two.

You've all helped us narrow down some....much as we liked the Safety 1st models, the Onboard sounds too big. We liked the size and price of the Comfy Carry Elite, but we think we want at least a 30 pound seat to bridge us to a a RF convertible we can use with less recline. The Chaperone was clearly out because of its size.

We're leaning towards the KeyFit..because it it seems like the obvious answer, but with two seats, we wouldn't mind saving money if it didn't sacrifice convenience and comfort. If there's another contender, its probably the ClickConnect 35. Does the KeyFit have an extra $60 of value per seat in it?

Time to read more...

Thanks all for your helpful input!

Last edited:
ADS

Stelvis

With twins, and the higher likelihood that they'll be born early and/or small, you really are more limited in your convertible options. I'd be looking at infant seats for sure.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
By the time kids outgrow even a small infant seat, they should be able to tolerate a more upright convertible. Remember that most seats with 30 lb limits won't actually get most kids to 30 lbs since most seats are outgrown by height well before weight in most cases-especially true for buckets.

MorgieBear'sMama

I would suggest trying them in your car. The CC35 takes up more front to back space than the KF30 does. I wanted to love the sungride35, if only they would have fit in my car.

nannykates

Here's another crazy suggestion-what about 1 of each. I think the handles won't hit as much that way and you could put the cc35 center where it has more space with the kf outboard snugged up behind driver or passenger. Just throwing that out there :)

katiebo

We used KF30s for our twins and loved them. It's pretty popular amongst the twins in my area. If you're looking to save money, try looking for twin groups in the area. I belong to two of them and at one of our biannual consignment sales, I sold my pair for the same amount as it would have cost to purchase one seat. Mine were (still are) tiny and were able to stay in their keyfits until they were about 16 or 17 months. At that point we switched them to Pria70s, which is what they're riding in now.

wg17

I would suggest trying them in your car. The CC35 takes up more front to back space than the KF30 does. I wanted to love the sungride35, if only they would have fit in my car.

That's the first I've heard that...I assume from your comment its a noticeable difference? Are those front to back measurements available online anywhere?

wg17

Here's another crazy suggestion-what about 1 of each. I think the handles won't hit as much that way and you could put the cc35 center where it has more space with the kf outboard snugged up behind driver or passenger. Just throwing that out there :)

I can already imagine trying to decide which one gets the $190 carrier and which one gets the $120 one...

MorgieBear'sMama

That's the first I've heard that...I assume from your comment its a noticeable difference? Are those front to back measurements available online anywhere?

Those measurements are typically not on the online descriptions. Keep in mind though at the time I was driving a 2001 Kia Sophia the keyfit barely fit behind the passenger seat. Your back seat may be bigger.

1mommy

I can already imagine trying to decide which one gets the $190 carrier and which one gets the $120 one...

Why not switch it up every time? Put twin A in Key fit one week and twin B in it next week, or day etc,. whatever works. The only concern I could see with having 2 different seats is finding a double stroller that will fit both of them, I don't know if they make that or not.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Why not switch it up every time? Put twin A in Key fit one week and twin B in it next week, or day etc,. whatever works. The only concern I could see with having 2 different seats is finding a double stroller that will fit both of them, I don't know if they make that or not.

Won't work if they're very different sizes unless you want to be rethreading harnesses constantly.

wg17

Speaking of strollers...we went to Buy Buy Baby to look at the Graco Click Connect 35 and the Keyfit 30 today. The Graco Click Connect had a sign on it that said "for use with Graco strollers only." Does that mean they won't work with a Snap-N-Go Stroller Frame or Joovy? I tried putting it in and it mostly seemed to fit, but I dont know if I knew what I was doing.

katymyers

Speaking of strollers...we went to Buy Buy Baby to look at the Graco Click Connect 35 and the Keyfit 30 today. The Graco Click Connect had a sign on it that said "for use with Graco strollers only." Does that mean they won't work with a Snap-N-Go Stroller Frame or Joovy? I tried putting it in and it mostly seemed to fit, but I dont know if I knew what I was doing.

I know the old classic connect Graco infant seats were fairly compatible with other strollers but I don't know about the click connect, supposedly those aren't even compatible with the old Graco strollers. I had a friend damage her Chicco on a Baby Trend Snap n Go too so I want to warn you there, I would be careful. I do think in your situation I would go with the Graco, those new seats fit tiny babies really well and they take up significantly less room front to back than the old ones.

CMeMeC

wg17 said:

My snugride worked with joovy, but I don't know about the cc. The way the joovy is made, I would imagine it would work with any infant seat. There is a list of compatible seats on the website, at least there was. However, I have a joovy caboose, not a twin roo.

wg17

From Babytrend:

Thank you for contacting Baby Trend. Unfortunately, the snap and go strollers would only be compatible with the classic connect models; they would not be compatible to the "click connect" due to the difference in the handle. The handle will not allow the car seat to securely fit in the Snap N Go stroller due to the weight.

nannykates

From Babytrend:

Thank you for contacting Baby Trend. Unfortunately, the snap and go strollers would only be compatible with the classic connect models; they would not be compatible to the "click connect" due to the difference in the handle. The handle will not allow the car seat to securely fit in the Snap N Go stroller due to the weight.

Good to know-thanks for asking them.

wg17

And Joovy's response.

No, the Graco ClickConnect is not compatible with the TwinRoo or Roo. The ClassicConnect will, however.

Seems like the only stroller that will work is the Ready2Grow Duo Stroller Classic Connect, which costs enough more than the Joovy or Snap n Go, that it erodes any savings on the Graco over the Keyfit. Even playing field now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC