Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

1 year old baby car seat x 2 - BMW 325 Ci Convertible

Hi,

I recently have brought a BMW 325Ci convertible 2005 model.
    I would like to find out whether it is possible to install TWO baby car seats (I have twin girls!) in the back. The girls will be 1 years of age I cannot check out before purcasing as the car is in Oman and none of the shops to try before you buy!

Has anyone else had this problem or come across this issue? If so, which make did you buy? Were there any adjustments you had you make/buy etc?
    Many thanks in advance.

Mo

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: 1 year old baby car seat x 2 - BMW 325 Ci Convertible

I can't speak to the arrangement of seatbelts in your BMW, as it may vary from Oman to the USA. In general, there is no problem at all fitting two rear-facing, convertible carseats in a BMW 3-series. If you are tall, the main issue will be finding models that give you enough legroom.

Can you please tell us what brands and models of carseats are readily available for you to choose? This might help us provide some answers. I am also moving you thread to the International forum for more visibility.

And thank you very much for keeping your babies in carseats! I know this is not very common in many countries in the middle east and not widely accepted by many parents there, so it is great to be setting an example.

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar

Because your girls are already a year, most seats will allow you to install the seat more upright (thus saving room! ). Rear-facing convertibles can actually take up less room than infant seats.

Once we know what's a available to you, we can provide some more guidance.

Also, I am not familiar with the laws in Oman, and my googling skills are not helping me this morning, so I am not sure if you are permitted to use seats from Europe, North America, or another continent (ordered online, of course). Can anyone help me with this?

“Nearly all the best things that came to me in life have been unexpected, unplanned by me.” ~Carl Sandburg
    Learning to cope with the unexpected...

Based on this:

http://www.salimandsalimah.org/seat-...-safety-seats/

I'm thinking they don't regulate car seats at all...

I'd probably get done Swedish seats shipped bc they tend to fit compact cars well, will RF for a long time and AD offers flat rate worldwide shipping. I find it a pain looking for online retailers that will ship worldwide.
    Mom to Caterina born January 12, 2009 and FF in a TWE and Julian born September 6, 2012 and RF in a Varioguard

It doesn't matter where the car seats are imported from as there is no law regarding car seats in the Middle East.

You may have difficulty finding a seat that will accommodate them Rear Facing past 13kgs. Most Car seats over there are EU compliant or Extended Harnessing may not be easy to come by. You may find some US seats in some of the shops.

Is there a BabyShop in Oman? I would try shopping online via
    www.justkidding-me.com though again it may be difficult to find a good rear facing option.

Hope that helps.

Canadian CPST, Mommy to ,
    E 12 5 Steps!
    N 7 Monteray, Prkway & Clek

I had a BMW 318 and could fit a a Britax Multi-Tech in the back fairly easily. I also had a Britax Hi-Way in it which is the older version of the Max-Way.

I imported it from www.car-seat.se
    Chrissy Mum to : Ds Isaac(6) & dd Annabelle(2)