Question 1 year old baby car seat x 2 - BMW 325 Ci Convertible

U

Unregistered

Hi,

I recently have brought a BMW 325Ci convertible 2005 model.
I would like to find out whether it is possible to install TWO baby car seats (I have twin girls!) in the back. The girls will be 1 years of age I cannot check out before purcasing as the car is in Oman and none of the shops to try before you buy!

Has anyone else had this problem or come across this issue? If so, which make did you buy? Were there any adjustments you had you make/buy etc?
Many thanks in advance.

Mo

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I can't speak to the arrangement of seatbelts in your BMW, as it may vary from Oman to the USA. In general, there is no problem at all fitting two rear-facing, convertible carseats in a BMW 3-series. If you are tall, the main issue will be finding models that give you enough legroom.

Can you please tell us what brands and models of carseats are readily available for you to choose? This might help us provide some answers. I am also moving you thread to the International forum for more visibility.

And thank you very much for keeping your babies in carseats! I know this is not very common in many countries in the middle east and not widely accepted by many parents there, so it is great to be setting an example.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Because your girls are already a year, most seats will allow you to install the seat more upright (thus saving room! :D). Rear-facing convertibles can actually take up less room than infant seats.

Once we know what's a available to you, we can provide some more guidance. :)

Also, I am not familiar with the laws in Oman, and my googling skills are not helping me this morning, so I am not sure if you are permitted to use seats from Europe, North America, or another continent (ordered online, of course). Can anyone help me with this?

bbartlettnfld

It doesn't matter where the car seats are imported from as there is no law regarding car seats in the Middle East.

You may have difficulty finding a seat that will accommodate them Rear Facing past 13kgs. Most Car seats over there are EU compliant or Extended Harnessing may not be easy to come by. You may find some US seats in some of the shops.

Is there a BabyShop in Oman? I would try shopping online via
www.justkidding-me.com though again it may be difficult to find a good rear facing option.

Hope that helps.

finn

I had a BMW 318 and could fit a a Britax Multi-Tech in the back fairly easily. I also had a Britax Hi-Way in it which is the older version of the Max-Way.

I imported it from www.car-seat.se

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC