uncertain of Radian fit on little baby

nmb

He's ~11 lbs, 22" long; the chest clip is so wide it's pushing the straps almost off his shoulders. Is this ok like this or should I not use it til he's bigger?
A couple pictures with the strap covers on, had to take them off because they push the chest clip all the way down to the crotch buckle pieces. Hate not having the covers on w/ such a little guy too.
(he is a bit crooked in the seat, he has CP and stiffens up getting in so it's hard to get him in sometimes...but you can see even the shoulder that is 'further' over, the strap is right at the edge of his shoulder, the other side is off a bit.

http://s66.photobucket.com/user/nmb_01/library/david radian

anything we can do to make it fit better? Seems like it'd be ok if not for the chest clip. I thought this was a seat recommended to fit newborns well? Now questioning that?

ADS

Jessica61624

Diono really needs to make smaller chest clips for infants. The only thing I can think of is getting your hands on a old style chest clip.

Malka

Maybe try calling Diono and seeing what they say. Maybe they have an older model clip around or can tell you what to do.

Mary_Ann

I called diono about the harness pads and they sent me the smaller one for free. I received them in 3-4 days. I'm in Canada and i talked with Éric Boudreau, he's really nice!

sunnymw

Didn't Radian once state that it is ok to use the seat without chest clip?

Could you ask for an old style chest clip? Or a regular IMMI (britax style) clip?

Stelvis

Didn't Radian once state that it is ok to use the seat without chest clip?

Could you ask for an old style chest clip? Or a regular IMMI (britax style) clip?

They've said a lot of things of the years -- I'm not sure I'd go by what they said it it wasn't in the manual.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC