that was close!

pj2rc

Ran into a coworker today at Walmart. Admired her newish baby she had this past fall. then glance down in her cart & see a Cosco HBB/harness combo. .... "you carseat shopping?" ... "yeah, her feet are starting to stick out of her seat. I've got my fingers crossed that she'll be the right weight at her next check-up." ... "how old is she?" ... "almost 9 months" ...... "you can't use that seat."...... I told her at least a yr, try for at least 2, my DD was almost 3 before she outgrew her RF. I said, let's look at what they have here. .. pull out a Scenera. she said -- that's what I have now. I said, it goes to 35# RF, where's she growing out again? "her feet". ...asked how far her head is from the top .. she indicates probably 5" with her hands. I told her, you're good to go, feet can stick out as much as they want. Then she considered buying the seat anyway so she had it ... I told her that would be a waste since seats do expire, she'd be leaving it sit and using up time -- especially since she should strive for at least 2 with the seat she has. It helped that someone else she knew was standing there and agreed with everything I said and that her 12 yr old was just getting out of a booster now. Then before I left, I said when it's time to switch, a long time from now, I pointed to the Nautilus at the end -- I said I'd give serious thought to that. The one you had is a really bad booster, that GN will get you through a lot better, but it's no where near time now.

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC