Question can I recline the clek foonf while installed rear facing?

lryan4949

I Just installed this today for the first time and I'm wondering about whether or not I can recline it while it is installed rear facing. I'm also wondering about the angle. My last seat had a level to check for proper angle. I found the stickers on the foonf to be a little confusing. Now I feel dumb. Haha. Should i stick to the standard 45º angle? Please advise! Thanks for the help!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The Foonf sits more upright than 45 degrees. There are two recline positions that may be used. How do you have it reclined right now?

Clek CPST

Hi, if you can take a picture of your installation from the side that would be helpful. The easiest way to explain the angle sticker is to put an imaginary line that is parallel to the ground through the recline sticker starting at the narrow point of the indicator and moving towards the wide end of the indicator.

If you have a smart phone with an angle app, or a way to measure the angle, you can measure the angle using the metal bars at the back of the seat. Just place it along the metal, and the angle should be between 30 and 45* for a child who is less than a year old. Children over a year old can sit as upright as 20*. (Measured from vertical.)

If the seat is too upright for your child when it is installed in recline position 3, then you can use a rolled towel or pool noodles to increase the recline provided it stays within the allowed range.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC