News Ford F-250 has highest theft rate of any 2010-12 vehicle; Cadillac Escalade drops to 6th on list after years on top

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
The Ford F-250 has the highest rate of insurance claims for theft of any 2010-12 vehicle. The pickup replaces the Cadillac Escalade, which has fallen to No. 6 on HLDI's list, after years at the top.

asqstiMr-xs

More...

ADS

bubbaray

Well in fairness those stats include not just theft OF vehicles but theft FROM vehicles (including theft from the bed/box).

TXDani

Senior Community Member
My husband has a 2012 F350 crew cab and numerous police officers (dad of kids friends, neighborhood cop and some random one at a Ford dealership) and his friend who is an insurance adjuster have told him theft on his truck (and the F250) is insanely high in Houston. They said they will steal the wheels and the tailgate. Or they will just take the whole truck because it is easy to steal with just a screw driver and then they send them down to Mexico and the drug cartels use them.

T4K

My husband has a 2012 F350 crew cab and numerous police officers (dad of kids friends, neighborhood cop and some random one at a Ford dealership) and his friend who is an insurance adjuster have told him theft on his truck (and the F250) is insanely high in Houston. They said they will steal the wheels and the tailgate. Or they will just take the whole truck because it is easy to steal with just a screw driver and then they send them down to Mexico and the drug cartels use them.

Yay Houston!!

T4K

We can be a klassy town, let me tell you.

My parents are still living there. I want them to leave but my sister needs to finish up at Rice before the'Il probably consider moving. Oh, and my mom just got a really sweet job. So, I guess they'll stay klassy for a while. ;-)

If I ever move back, ya never know, I think I would only move to the rice, medical center area.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
My parents are still living there. I want them to leave but my sister needs to finish up at Rice before the'Il probably consider moving. Oh, and my mom just got a really sweet job. So, I guess they'll stay klassy for a while. ;-)

If I ever move back, ya never know, I think I would only move to the rice, medical center area.

DH is taking about moving back in to town in 10 years or so. I figure we'll end up in the museum district or the heights. He wants to live close to downtown. There are several parts of town I would live in. I loved living in the med center and my favorite part of town was when I lived off of W. Alabama near Central Market.

I'll stop derailing now ;)

I am happy to see that my Explorer isn't on that list.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC