Convertible with low sides other than the Radian?

Cheek008

Are there any? We have a Corolla, and it's already kind of hard to get the kid in over the sides of our RA55. Any suggestions beyond the Radian? Our kids tend to be on the small side, if that helps, so high limits aren't that important.

ADS

oliviacw

The Safety 1st Guide 65 (etc) has pretty low sides. It has a rear-facing weight of 40 lbs and rear-facing height of 40 inches, so doesn't last nearly as long RF as the Radian - but should still get a small-to-average child well past age 3 RF.

I have one installed in my 1995 Honda Accord, which is closer to the size of a modern Civic, and it fits easily.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The Safety 1st Complete Air also has low sides. You can see it in my signature pic, next to two Radians, in a Corolla.

The Cosco Scenera, the Safety 1st OnSide Air, and the Eddie Bauer Sport (all of which share a shell) are also low-sided, as are the Evenflo Tribute, Titan, and SureRide.

cookie123

The Sure Ride's sides are about the deepest of all, imo.

http://www.evenflo.com/product.aspx?id=426&pfid=6360

I'm also looking for something easier to load. The headwings and high sides of the Proride are annoying and the baby is still little. I feel like the head wings on the Complete Air might be obstructive in loading.

The Classic Marathon was suggested to me in another thread. I would really rather do the Marathon70, which is the same shell as the RA55, I believe, so I'm disappointed to hear you think it's hard to get the baby in. I feel the depth of the sides on the two seem quite similar.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC