What would you do?

lovemy2kidstw

Ok, I know what the official answer is to this, but I want the parental answer.

DH's truck rolled out if our driveway across the dirt road & ran threw a fence. It took out two wooden poles & a metal gate. It wasn't going fast, but it's a one ton & had a trailer attached to it. It broke his passenger mirror & bent the bumper a little bit on the underside of the drivers side. It put scrapes all up & down the passenger side. The truck stopped because the pole hit his welding bed on his truck. It sticks out farther than the truck.

DS's Nautilus was in there, but not installed. DH thinks I'm being ridiculous for wanting it replaced & he's being a butt about it. I will try to get more pictures later.

Here is the fence

View attachment 22008

Here is part of the truck

View attachment 22009

That black part of the bed is what stopped it.

So if you were me, would you replace the seat or not? DH said he has done more damage hitting his brakes hard.

Last edited:
ADS

cso1997

I wouldn't replace. I can't imagine there was enough force to damage the seat especially since it wasn't installed. I honestly think that manufacturers are heavy into CYA on the whole issue. I love that Britax takes a stand in following NHTSA guidelines. Ugh, I hate to think of all the perfectly good seats in landfills.

You have to do what makes you comfortable and if following the manual to the letter is it then so be it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC