Question Maclaren Triumph or other??

aym4Him

Found a Triumph on CL for $50. I'm needing something smaller than our Chicco Cortina travel system b/c we are surprising our 4.5 yr old with a trip to WDW in Nov. We took it on his Wish trip last yr and it was fine but we'd like something that's easier to fit on transit, etc.

Is this a good deal and a smart buy for a kid who is about 41" tall and 32 lbs?

We are already bringing his Maestro for the flight.

Thx!!

ADS

Kegracin

Is this a good deal and a smart buy for a kid who is about 41" tall and 32 lbs?

I think it would be fine. I have one well I just loaned it out to my SIL but DS2 is 40lbs and average size for a 4.5yr old and he fits just fine and it pushes fine with him with his sister who is the same height but a good 8lbs heaver its a pain in the but to push.

I'm going to see if I can find the pictures of DD in it on my phone and see if I can attach them for you.

The only down side to it is that the basket is small and it might not be good for sleeping.

aym4Him

Thx, y'all!! Thx for the pic, too.

Took him to BRU to test some out. He was in a foul mood so I really couldn't gauge anything. The Volo surprised me in that one corner at the top of the seat unsnapped when he plopped in it. I saw the price of the Quest. I bet I won't find an affordable used one.

The same goes for the City Mini. We don't use a stroller enough to justify that cost. They look awesome, though!!!

bethng

Loved my triumph! Used it for my son past the weight limit too:whistling: gets a bit harder to turn when they are that heavy.

aym4Him

Loved my triumph! Used it for my son past the weight limit too:whistling: gets a bit harder to turn when they are that heavy.

So, no problem with the seat depth? Like I said, darling DS wasn't very cooperative tonight but I was afraid of him ooching out if he fell asleep. I was hoping to get a better gauge as to how he'd fit.

wnkw

Dd1 (44in-55lbs) will ride in our b-nimble. Amazon did have an open box for 79. Regular price 89-109.

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

sm1982

Have you looked into any of the stroller rentals on Disney? If you only plan to use it this one time, it's probably about the same amount to rent a City Mini for a week. My niece is 4.5, 45lbs and pretty tall for her age.. she fits fine in the Mini. She fits ok in the Graco IPO too, but the sunshade isn't the greatest.

duckmama

I've owned a handful of Maclarens. They are great with a bigger kid. My DD is 5.5 years over 45lbs and I honestly don't know how tall this week, but the size of a 6 year old and she fits in the Quest and Volo fine. The only issue is she is getting a bit chubby for the straps (she is slim they just aren't meant for a 5 year old). We don't have issues pushing her.

This is the volo, she just turned 5 here. No issues with seat depth. The handles on the volo don't extend but she is being pushed by a 6 foot man, 5'3 65 year old woman in this picture so that gives you an idea of how easy it is to push.

bella_1818

I took our Volvo with DS one year and HATED it. Lots of WDW Magic Kingdom is cobblestone and the Volvo tires just don't handle it well. I went back to using my jogger for DS.

ebp913

I took our Volvo with DS one year and HATED it. Lots of WDW Magic Kingdom is cobblestone and the Volvo tires just don't handle it well. I went back to using my jogger for DS.

That! I wouldn't want to push a Mac around all day with a heavy kid in it. That doesn't sound very fun.

aym4Him

Thank you all!!

We went back today and he sat in several. His two favorites were the City Mini (a friend has graciously offered for us to borrow hers as it is sitting in her attic...I'm just afraid of something happening to it. She has all but insisted we take it so that is option 1 right now) and The First Years Ignite. He didn't like any of the Maclarens he sat in and kind of looked uncomfortable. I think he's more legs than torso. He also sat in the B-Agile. It was easier to maneuver him in the City Mini/Britax but the First Years worked well, too. His head is just slightly taller than the back on the Ignite but when I reclined it, he said it was fine. My only hesitation with purchasing (We have Amazon gift cards so it would possibly be about $30, maybe less) is that he'll hit another growth spurt and be too tall to use it again.

Thoughts? I just knew we'd end up getting a Maclaren off Craigslist. Oh- they are definitely lighter. The City Mini is 16.8 lbs, Britax 16 lbs and the Ignite is 14 lbs.

For those of you who have traveled with a Mini, did you find it awkward to get it on and off the busses? I think I may have mentioned it before, but we are using the busses to get around WDW.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!

wnkw

City minis are everywhere at wdw. Personally i like the b-agile better, but dd1 (almost 6) has more room in the mini (deeper seat and asmidge taller). She's about 44" and long torso. She's comfortable in either.

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

sm1982

I personally haven't done a bus with a City Mini, but they're the #1 stroller in Disney and I never saw anyone struggling on the bus with one. The fold is easy and it locks shut, so you can stand in front of you on the bus. It doesn't take up a ton of room either, so other riders won't hate you ;) Most of the City Minis in Disney are rentals so they're orange or green, if you're friend has one of those colors make sure you make it easy to identify in a crowd of strollers (a good idea regardless). If you're worried about theft, it takes half a second to pop a wheel off and stick it in a bag, either take it with you or just out of sight.

clmchrissy

I haven't read all the replies, but I took my Volo to WDW last week for my 2.5 yr old and it worked great. I had no issues pushing it on the pavement, all my kids can fit in it for a ride or if a seat was needed, and most of all I wouldn't have been too devastated had it been stolen or misplaced in a stroller move. I surprisingly saw a lot of Macs in use while there.

Sunshine112

The city mini on the bus is a breeze!!! I haven't taken a Mac to WDW, but the Mini was amazingly wonderful on the busses. We are always on and off at least 6 times a day and its a non issue to have it on there. So quick and easy, easy to hold on the bus, etc.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC