RideSafer Travel Vest Faqs- Do you believe them?

christineka

http://saferide4kids.com/products/ridesafer-travel-vest/faqs/

Here are a few quotes:
One great thing about the vest is that it positions the seat belt to the child even when the child moves out of correct seating position in the vehicle.

the child can wear a heavier coat underneath the RideSafer® Travel Vest.

Check out the section on using the vest with booster. Basically, it's not approved, but we don't have any evidence showing that it's unsafe, but don't do it because it's not allowed, even if it's probably fine.

ADS

creideamh

I thought their site was http://safetrafficsystem.com/ did they switch?

Eta- they list the site you linked as a retailer, so I wouldn't trust their answers.

Except then the first site uses "we/they" so now I'm confused.

Last edited:

Lemonade

I got two when Elite was going out of business. I used one for DS on a trip but he got uncomfortable - was so used to a seat around him and was smaller/younger at the time.

I think they'd be great in combo with a NBB, just as a belt positioner and force distributor, but of course I wouldn't do it because it's not allowed. I wish they would test it that way. I plan to use them in the future if we are flying somewhere I can't easily take seats for use at our destination.

christineka

I got two when Elite was going out of business. I used one for DS on a trip but he got uncomfortable - was so used to a seat around him and was smaller/younger at the time.

I think they'd be great in combo with a NBB, just as a belt positioner and force distributor, but of course I wouldn't do it because it's not allowed. I wish they would test it that way. I plan to use them in the future if we are flying somewhere I can't easily take seats for use at our destination.

I scored 2 from the same sale. My kids also complained of discomfort. I sold the large vest when I scored some bubblebums. My kids didn't much like the bubblebum, but would rather that than the vest. I still keep the small around for just in case. (My 3 kids 8 and under are all well under 60 pounds.)

The backless booster made by safe traffic systems for use with the vest is supposed to come out in a few months. That may help with positioning. I find that if my kids sit with their legs out, they tend to slouch to bend their knees, so I make them sit criss cross to keep their bums back to the seat.

Lemonade

I scored 2 from the same sale. My kids also complained of discomfort. I sold the large vest when I scored some bubblebums. My kids didn't much like the bubblebum, but would rather that than the vest. I still keep the small around for just in case. (My 3 kids 8 and under are all well under 60 pounds.)

The backless booster made by safe traffic systems for use with the vest is supposed to come out in a few months. That may help with positioning. I find that if my kids sit with their legs out, they tend to slouch to bend their knees, so I make them sit criss cross to keep their bums back to the seat.

I'll keep my eyes out for the NBB. I have two smalls. It should be a while before my kids outgrow them:)

SafeRide4Kids

Greeting all,

My name is Greg Durocher and I am president at Safe Ride 4 Kids (SR4K). I am so excited to see this conversation happening! This is good news for the RideSafer Travel Vest.

I would like to take this opportunity to clear up any confusion that may exist about our relationship to Safe Traffic System (STS) and the accuracy of the content on our website but first a little history. STS has been manufacturing and selling the RideSafer in the USA since 2004. In the late fall of 2012 SafeRide4Kids was formed with the sole mission of bringing the RideSafer to the world in a bigger way. At SafeRide4Kids.com we aim to not only be a one stop shopping destination for all STS products but to create a one stop destination to answer all questions about the RideSafer vest. You see, I have been a CPSTI for over ten years and my wife a CPST for as long. Keeping kids safe is a theme in our lives that long precedes SafeRide4Kids. (not to mention my 18 years in the fire service)

At SR4K we are not just another retailer. We work hand in hand with STS to ensure that the information on our website is accurate, current and relevant. In fact, over the last 7 months I and our VP of Sales, Jeff, have spent many days sharing a booth with the customer service rep from STS as well as being in regular contact with the inventor/president of STS. In October we will all be in one booth at the ABC show in Vegas. If you are a retailer (or know one) and would like to carry the RideSafer we would love to meet you.

At Safe Ride 4 Kids we are implementing conventional and non-conventional marketing strategies so if you have a desire to help us share the RideSafer please reach out and I can share the various opportunities with you.

If any of you or anyone else ever have questions about the RideSafer or content on our website I welcome the opportunity to answer them. Visit the "Contact us" page on our website to email me direct. If I do not know the answer then I will contact STS Customer Service (on speed dial) and get the answer.

Again, I thank you all for the interest and discussion about the RideSafer!

Sincerely,
Greg Durocher

pssst, BTW did you know that there will soon be two new colors? Black with green trim and black with yellow trim! More colors to follow this fall when the new versions are released!

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Hello Mr. Durocher and thank you for your followup comments! For future reference, if you would be interested in advertising opportunities for your business, please see http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=20767 . If you would like to discuss in person, I am happy to stop by at ABC Kids Expo as well. Thank you and welcome to Car-Seat.Org!

For those interested in the Ride Safer Travel Vest, please also see our full review:

http://carseatblog.com/21235/ride-safer-3-travel-vest-review/

For specific technical questions on this product, you may also send them directly to Vera, the Safe Traffic Systems advocate: Send a PM to Vera@STS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC