Question best umbrella stroller?

ADS

amyd

I love my Peg Perego Pliko P3 but it's not really umbrella fold, although it's vey compact. The Maclarens are nice umbrella folds.

jordansmom

You will probably get a lot of different answers to your question! If you def want an umbrella fold, I would personally look at the cybex ruby or onyx and the uppababy g-lite or g-luxe. Another compact fold, but not umbrella stroller would be the Baby Jogger City Mini, Britax b-agile, or Valco Snap.

What is your budget and what size child is it for? How tall is the person who will be pushing it?

ctbcleveland

I am a big fan of my Chicco umbrella stroller. Nice tall handles, tall seatback, adjustable footrest. Reasonable price. Canopy isn't great though.

walletless

I had a similar thread here few days ago. I bought a used Maclaren Volo from Craigslist for around $40 and am *very* happy with it - light weight, umbrella stroll, decent canopy. It does have storage, but as with most light weight strollers, if you put too much stuff in it, it may tip over.

zenon

You will probably get a lot of different answers to your question! If you def want an umbrella fold, I would personally look at the cybex ruby or onyx and the uppababy g-lite or g-luxe. Another compact fold, but not umbrella stroller would be the Baby Jogger City Mini, Britax b-agile, or Valco Snap.

What is your budget and what size child is it for? How tall is the person who will be pushing it?

im 5'5 and my hubs is 6". im not sure really, maybe below 250. im looking at a umbrella stroller thats also good for winter

jordansmom

im 5'5 and my hubs is 6". im not sure really, maybe below 250. im looking at a umbrella stroller thats also good for winter

Will you be using it outside and in what conditions in the winter? I'm not sure there is an umbrella stroller that will be able to tackle much more than smooth to slightly bumpy terrain outdoors in the winter.

Most umbrella style strollers have small baskets unfortunately. Have you looked at the City Mini or City Mini GT? They do fold small, are light, have huge canopies and the newer versions have a decent basket.

I really like our Cybex Ruby for summertime, but it doesn't have much of a recline and is a sling style seat. I don't use it for anything other than quick ins and outs when I have to. I LOVED the canopy on it and the push is pretty smooth!

super_grape

We just bought this stroller but haven't tried it out yet:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p7cZL-U_05U&desktop_uri=/watch?v=p7cZL-U_05U

It gets really good reviews all over the interwebs tho! And it has a lot of features for $200.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00A3P0XV8/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1373652152&sr=8-1&pi=SL75"]Inglesina 2013 Trip Stroller, Lampone Purple:Amazon:Baby[/ame]
If you click on select color, the navy version is $169.

zenon

Will you be using it outside and in what conditions in the winter? I'm not sure there is an umbrella stroller that will be able to tackle much more than smooth to slightly bumpy terrain outdoors in the winter.

Most umbrella style strollers have small baskets unfortunately. Have you looked at the City Mini or City Mini GT? They do fold small, are light, have huge canopies and the newer versions have a decent basket.

I really like our Cybex Ruby for summertime, but it doesn't have much of a recline and is a sling style seat. I don't use it for anything other than quick ins and outs when I have to. I LOVED the canopy on it and the push is pretty smooth!

not that terrain. just in the city (manhattan) in the streets not much snow. i was wondering how will i warm my baby if i use this

newyorkDOC

I'm positive the Inglesina trip has a winter cover that can be purchased separately. I see them all the time here (I live in Italy and Inglesina is Italian). I just test drive the trip and really liked it.

However, I have a bjcmicro when I'm in NY and nothing beats the 1 hand 5 second fold for the subway. It will fit through turnstiles folded so no need to mess with the emergency gates. The basket is ok. It'll fit your basic needs for the day out plus I've got a diono console on the handlebars for drinks and metro card etc.

davina_21

We had a Maclaren Triumph. I loved it. It is lightweight, you can fold it with one hand (and a foot). I has decent basket space, but like someone else said, if you fill any of these small strollers with too much stuff they fall over. or hang a bag off the back, it falls over.

I used this for travelling and when we went to small spaces. I had a bigger stroller for walking, parks, mall, etc.

jordansmom

not that terrain. just in the city (manhattan) in the streets not much snow. i was wondering how will i warm my baby if i use this

If I lived in the city, I would prefer a fold like the city mini. I personally find an umbrella fold slightly annoying with the two step process and having to bend over to the ground for it to fold and automatically lock.

With any stroller for the winter, you could use a BundleMe type bunting for warmth and/or a rain cover to cut the wind on extra chilly days.

How about the Valco Snap or Snap Four?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC