Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Kcharters

Evenflo TruFit+ Graco Snugride 22, in a Ford Focus? If not Snugride, what else?

I've currently got our tall 4-year-old's The First Years TrueFit convertible crammed into the center backseat position of my tiny Ford Focus (2004 4-door sedan model). With a new kid on the way, I'd like to keep the TrueFit in the center, and put an infant seat in outboard position right beside it. (That would keep one front seat adjustable for my very tall and leggy husband.)

We were thinking the Graco SnugRide 22 (with base), which is listed as 17.25" width. Can anyone comment on whether this is likely to fit side-by-side with the TrueFit in our Focus? And if not, does anyone have any recs for still teenier infant-carrier-snap-in-style seats we might consider?
    Last edited by Kcharters; 07-10-2013 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Corrected carseat brand-- thanks 1mommy!!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Evenflo TruFit+ Graco Snugride 22, in a Ford Focus? If not Snugride, what else?

HI there, sorry I can't help you more but I did have a question to help anyone else. Did you mean a First Years/Tomy/Lamaze True Fit, or an Evenflo Triumph maybe? If its a true fit, that is pretty bulky so you may not have much luck putting it next to another car seat.

I think the cybex anton is highly recommended as a short infant carrier if you can afford it.

4. Thank You from:

CPS Technician
    I probably wouldn't recomend the snugride 22. However the sungride click connect 35 has a very narrow base that may work, the chicco keyfit and cosco comfy carry elite (and clones) are also options.

Alternatively if you actually have a truefit rather than an evenflo seat-buying a different convertible may make the infant seat fit better next to it. Seats like the myride, radian and guide 65 may be easier to work with.