Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Eddie Bauer Carseat XRS65

Any feedback on the safety of Eddie Bauer Carseat XRS65?

Would I be better off buying a Recaro, Britax, Dino, or Maxipria 70? I have been researching for 4 weeks and everytime I get some clarity another car seat pops into the mix. Research anxiety!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

All car seats pass the same testing and the results are not released. As far as we know, all seats are equally safe. Some seats have better convenience features that make them easier to use, but we have no proof that one is safer than another.
    DS1 3.24.10 riding in a Frontier 90 in booster mode and a Cybex M-Fix.
    DS2 1.18.14 rear facing in a Foonf and a Fllo.

Re: Eddie Bauer Carseat XRS65

Welcome! What is the age, weight, height of your child? Is s/he all legs or all torso? What vehicle might also be helpful as well as if any other kiddos are riding in the back with said child.

Overall, though, what monica-m said, all seats pass the same testing. There are no safety ratings. If they are installed and used per manufacturer's instructions all are safe. Be sure to read the manual before installing. More $$ buys more ease of use/other features like better covers, upholders etc.
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Hannah - 16 - Seatbelt! Reya - 1.5 4Ever/BLVD/Peg
    Brett - 15 - Seatbelt Nolan - 2.5 - 4Ever/Fllo
    Matt- 11 - Seatbelt Baby Boy due 1/17/19 Pipa
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG

Carseat Crazy

This Eddie Bauer seat is essentially the same as the Safety 1st Guide 65. The Guide 65 is actually a frequently recommended budget-friendly seat. If you are interested in the Eddie Bauer I would save some $$ and get the Safety First version instead.
    Emily, mom to
    C- 9 yrs, 74 lbs, Topside & LiteRider
    A- 6 yrs, 48 lbs, Vivo & HB Turbo
    C- 3, 33lbs, Roundabout 50, Radian & Pioneer

CPS Technician
    If you have the budget for one of the other seats you mentioned I would go with that(especially for a primary seat). However knock the recaro off the list since it has very little rf leg room, the britax is pretty short for rfing considering the price so I'd skip that too(though opinions differ on this topic).

CPS Technician
    Of the seats you posted in your first post the radian would last the longest.
    Stefanie - CPST in Iowa
    mom to dd 11,/00, ds 11/01, ds 3/06, dd 04/07, dd 08/12 (radian rxt) ds 12/13 (evenflo sureride)

Quote Originally Posted by cookie123 View Post
    Welcome! What is the age, weight, height of your child? Is s/he all legs or all torso? What vehicle might also be helpful as well as if any other kiddos are riding in the back with said child.

Overall, though, what monica-m said, all seats pass the same testing. There are no safety ratings. If they are installed and used per manufacturer's instructions all are safe. Be sure to read the manual before installing. More $$ buys more ease of use/other features like better covers, upholders etc.
    I am not sure if he is all leg or torso. I think he is pretty evenly distributed. 24 months fit just right but 2T are a little long. So I am going to guess is equally proportioned. We will be having him in a 2004 Honda Civic Dx 4 door, 2007 Camry 4 door.

Plus, I have to find a car seat for the sitter - they take him out quite a bit and have a nissan sentra 2002 and 1999 chevy astro van

Carseat Crazy
    I have the Safety 1st version of this seat - we've been using it for my 2 year for the past month or so, since she outgrew her Coccoro. It took me a couple of tries to get it installed securely and at the right angle, but it's been solid since then. My daughter is pretty happy riding in it. It's a lower seat, not up on a platform, so it works pretty well in shorter cars.