Would you?

Lenae

The kids and I are driving across state, about 6 hours. Sassy is normally RF in the Pria. The AC in my car is mediocre at best, and I'm thinking about FF her for the trip so she doesn't get so hot. Like I said, 6 hours, almost entirely 65 mph freeway. She is 3.5.

ADS

lovemy2kidstw

The kids and I are driving across state, about 6 hours. Sassy is normally RF in the Pria. The AC in my car is mediocre at best, and I'm thinking about FF her for the trip so she doesn't get so hot. Like I said, 6 hours, almost entirely 65 mph freeway. She is 3.5.

I would without a second thought. Have fun on your trip :)

thepote

We did with ds3 for a long trip around that age, more to help keep him entertained with the scenery in front of him and to allow he and his brother (also ff ina harness seat) to be able to switch seats to change things up. It was an 18hr drive one-way. We went there and back in six days or so.

MommyShannon

I wouldn't mostly because my kids tend to sleep on long trips and goodness knows my 3 year old would drop her crayons, books, and whatever else. My kids also like facing each other (as long as its the right each others) to talk and play. I'd be ok with it if she's happier that way.

amyd

We forward faced our 2 yo on a long road trip recently for the same reason. Plus he had to sit in the third row of my car and there are no air vents back there. It was hard enough keeping them cool with them forward facing.

jgomez411

I would but with that being said, we did it with DD before and she complained because her legs were dangling which she wasn't used to so we flipped her back around-just something to think about :)

tiggercat

I find road trips so much easier when they are RF, and honestly I don't find much difference in cooling RF/FF once the a/c has cooled the vehicle as much as it can.
We are doing a couple of 5ish hour drives this summer and I am kind of dreading having Sam FF for them. Not for safety but for comfort and sleeping.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

bnsnyde

Whatever works for you.
Our 3.5 YO won't fit RF. Maybe the Radian would still work. Not sure; have not tried recently.

But I do think RF is better for sleeping. :)

Lenae

I'm not terribly concerned about her sleeping. The Pria has pretty good natural FF recline, and it's *very* supportive. I didn't think about her legs dangling, hmmmm. The direction of the sun is going to be a factor, because the time of day we're going, it will be shining right onto her through the back window the whole time.

thepote

In the trip I mentioned in a previous post we actually ended up turning him at a rest area after about five hours in. You could always start the trip and see how it goes and turn if she is uncomfortable.

Lenae

In the trip I mentioned in a previous post we actually ended up turning him at a rest area after about five hours in. You could always start the trip and see how it goes and turn if she is uncomfortable.

That's a good idea. The Pria is very easy to switch back and forth.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC