Town & Country - 3 car seats

U

Unregistered

I am due with our 3rd next week. I need to get the car seat configuration figured out. I was thinking I'd put my 5.5 yo in the 3rd row with the newborn and my 3 yo in one of the captain chairs in the middle row. The reason for this is that my oldest would be able to help with the baby if needed - I wouldn't be able to safely if s/he is in the middle row. My hang up is, is it safe for the newborn to be in the 3rd row? I know I really is not the most convenient place to get the bucket seat in/out of, but with a captain chair stowed, it should be easier. Just looking for feedback.
Thank you!

ADS

eduller

There was just a discussion recently about the safety of the third row, but I can't find it to link for you right now.

It seemed to be the consensus is that the third row of something like a Town & Country is very safe. I have a Volkswagen Routan, which is the same body as the T&C. There is a lot of space between the third row and the rear window. There are side airbags. Minivans are very safe vehicles as it is. I think that sounds like a good plan. It seems like it would be pretty easy to get the baby in and out in a bucket if the 2nd row seat is stowed.

MotoMommaNH

I think it's going to come down to personal preference, really. It's not going to be any less safe installed in the 3rd row; I just wouldn't like not to be able to see my newborn via mirror etc. Bad habit I guess but that's just me. :duck: I realize the 5yo would be with newbie but only you know how responsible that child could be in alerting you etc.

henrietta

I think it's going to come down to personal preference, really. It's not going to be any less safe installed in the 3rd row; I just wouldn't like not to be able to see my newborn via mirror etc. Bad habit I guess but that's just me. :duck: I realize the 5yo would be with newbie but only you know how responsible that child could be in alerting you etc.

I'm kindof feeling this.

I'd probably put the 5 yr old and baby in the captains chairs in the second row and put the 3 yr old in the center of the 3rd row...but I can't remember if you have a ta there or not. Or put her outboard for the ta.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC