Question Is DS 5 stepping in our Honda Fit?

mlohry

So DS1 is 10.7 years and for sure needs a booster (Amp) in our 05 Ody in all seating positions. We just got a 2010 Honda Fit and his head is too high in the Amp with the head rest all the way up. So we tried him in no booster and he looks pretty good. His feet are flat on the floor, knees bent at seat, neck looks good with shoulder belt, lap belt is pretty good, maybe a hair high. LMK what you think by pics, or if you have suggestions for an alternate, lower profile booster. Oh he is 55 inches and 67 lbs

Last edited:
ADS

abigaylebelle

Yeah I agree that the lapbelt seems a little high. I don't know if it will fit lower really since that is about how it fits me in the honda fit backseat and I am several inches taller than your ds.
I thought the new graco connext looked thinner than an amp, maybe a topside too?

Baylor

I don't think that looks good without the booster. I think it is too high. I would get a Booster that does not need head rest support. I think he still needs it..

tiggercat

In the pic, is that the highest head restraint position?

I don't think he 5 steps, sorry :(

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

NVMBR02

I don't think that looks good without the booster. I think it is too high. I would get a Booster that does not need head rest support. I think he still needs it..

But how tall is her DS? do they need a three across? My own dd is only 9.5 but has outgrown most fo the HB boosters. The ones she does fit in that I can think of would be too wide for a three across.

A lower profile NBB is probably your best bet for now, Op. I have found the Graco connext to be pretty low as well as the Harmony boosters. IME, the AMP sits up rather high.

mlohry

The head rest only has 1 position of height and it's too high with him not in a booster. It would have been safe I feel with it down and him not in a booster. I am thinking about a Bubble Bum what do you think? I would like 3 across sometimes, but rarely. DS2 needs a booster and DD is in s Combo seat.

MommyofThree

I would use a britax parkway. I have an 11 year old. 57 inch 62 lbs in one and she still has room to grow. I dont think you need a head rest for that one?

mlohry

It has a head rest that's not the issue, he's just too tall for the headrest in the Amp.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC