Booster shopping again

xxluckychicxx

DS was in a Monterey when we wrecked yesterday. Insurance is replacing. I can't decide if I want to go with another Monterey or something else. We liked the Monterey, but I wasn't in love or anything.

I've been eyeing the new PWSG. Should I wait to see what it's like or go ahead and order something else? I can't decide.

For DD we have a spare SureRide (that's what she was riding in also) and I think I'll just put her in that and not replace her seat yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

Phineasmama

I saw the PWSG already, my BRU has it.

Tbh it was pretty boring and blah. Did not excite me, was fairly similar to the old one but maybe a little deeper.

The only booster I've ever really fallen in love with is the Cruiserfix Pro. All the other ones (and I've tried a lot!) have had something I dislike. Or DD dislikes.

Attachments

• image-3759936052.jpg
    image-3759936052.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 69

xxluckychicxx

Boo. That doesn't look much deeper. I was hoping for deep sides and wings.

I'll check out the Kiddy. How tall does it go?

Phineasmama

The manual says height is 38-60 inches, I *think* the top belt guide is 20 inches? I don't have it with me to measure. DD1 loves it because of the extendable leg rest and she can move it up and down herself during the car ride so she stays comfortable.

xxluckychicxx

I'm considering the PWSG (not 2013 model) because I found a great deal. Is the lack of SIP bad or does it have decent coverage?

Phineasmama

I've never owned a britax booster but from seeing them in the store they pretty much look like a Turbo to me but the head rest is probably a little deeper than the Turbo.

NVMBR02

I've never owned a britax booster but from seeing them in the store they pretty much look like a Turbo to me but the head rest is probably a little deeper than the Turbo.

This, except I have owned one. I do like the booster overall, the lap belt doesn't fit all kids well. It was never a problem for my kids in my vehicles, but it is something to be aware of. The headrest is a bit deeper, the seat seems a bit wider and the depth was also a bit deeper, or at least it appears to be.

Overall, I was happy with it, though I did prefer the Monterey I had to it.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
For a smaller child, I have to admit, i am absolutely loving our harmony folding booster. It's got actual SIDES to it, not just like, shoulder bolsters? Not particularly big or tall though.

xxluckychicxx

I will check out the Harmony as well.

After seeing the damage to the front of my car vs the side impact damage to there car, side impact really matters to be now.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Kiddy World Plus? I know you have tall kids and the World Plus is among the tallest dedicated boosters on the market (it's a tie I think. And it's the only of the three tallest that doesn't require vehicle head support.)

YinzerMama

They always struck me as a taller overpriced Turbo with insufficient arm rests. I am kind of glad Britax is DC'ing cow for big kid seats because that was the only thing that tugged at me to consider a britax booster.

I am pretty sure we are going to go with Monterays when we move my girls to boosters - what about it do you wish was different so that you are considering something different or is it just you want to see what is out there?

those cruiser fix ones look super nice but I will need two and that is a bit more than I am planning to budget, it would be cheaper to buy the youngest one a brand new britax combo seat and keep the girls in their frontiers as boosters.

xxluckychicxx

The only thing I didn't like about the Monterey is that I had to remind DS to stay centered or the belt would be off of his shoulder. He kind of swam in it. Not horribly, but enough that I'd have to remind him at least once every trip.

Jessica61624

The only thing I didn't like about the Monterey is that I had to remind DS to stay centered or the belt would be off of his shoulder. He kind of swam in it. Not horribly, but enough that I'd have to remind him at least once every trip.

We had thud problem with the sgl. If she was a smidge off the shoulder belt looked awful.

Athena

We have both and I don't agree that the PW isn't better than the Turbo. We have the PWSGL and I love both the fact that it has latch and their design for it. It has the premium latch buckles like all the Britax seats and it's really easy to tighten and use. Second, the rear of the shell is slightly narrower, enough so that it works in a car in which the Turbo does not and my DD can buckle it. Third, the Britax fabric is nicer and padding is thicker. Fourth, the wings are deeper. Fifth, SG clip for fourth point. Sixth, the back attaches securely. Seventh, and most important for us, it's taller. Don't get me wrong, I don't absolutely love it, it's belt guides are incompatible with my car (but most are), I do wish there were more to it, and was disappointed by the short 6 year life, but there are some definite advantages and good reasons we got it. On the other hand, I do prefer the fit of my very slender girl in the Turbo, but she can't sleep in it without falling forward (don't know yet if she can sleep in the PW). Does this help at all?

I considered the Monterey, but the vehicle headrest requirement made it a non option for us. We had to rule out many options for this reason. We also needed something tall for my tall kid, so that ruled out many options. Like I said, the Turbo fit is really good on her, so much so that if they made a taller Turbo that combined the Affix' latch and deep sides of the SS, I'd probably get it. Also, I had high hopes for the new PW and I'd still like to check it out in person, but seeing it online, I'm not all that impressed.

xxluckychicxx

Well DS says he wants the same seat (red Monterey). Insurance is thinking my car will be a total loss (it doesn't look that bad to me, but I'm not the expert) so I may wait and see what happens. If they total it I'll probably wait to replace it until we get a new car and see what works. He's got a LiteRider for now if we ride with anyone.

Jessica61624

Well DS says he wants the same seat (red Monterey). Insurance is thinking my car will be a total loss (it doesn't look that bad to me, but I'm not the expert) so I may wait and see what happens. If they total it I'll probably wait to replace it until we get a new car and see what works. He's got a LiteRider for now if we ride with anyone.

What car did you have?

mominabigtruck

We have both and I don't agree that the PW isn't better than the Turbo. We have the PWSGL and I love both the fact that it has latch and their design for it. It has the premium latch buckles like all the Britax seats and it's really easy to tighten and use. Second, the rear of the shell is slightly narrower, enough so that it works in a car in which the Turbo does not and my DD can buckle it. Third, the Britax fabric is nicer and padding is thicker. Fourth, the wings are deeper. Fifth, SG clip for fourth point. Sixth, the back attaches securely. Seventh, and most important for us, it's taller. Don't get me wrong, I don't absolutely love it, it's belt guides are incompatible with my car (but most are), I do wish there were more to it, and was disappointed by the short 6 year life, but there are some definite advantages and good reasons we got it. On the other hand, I do prefer the fit of my very slender girl in the Turbo, but she can't sleep in it without falling forward (don't know yet if she can sleep in the PW). Does this help at all?

I considered the Monterey, but the vehicle headrest requirement made it a non option for us. We had to rule out many options for this reason. We also needed something tall for my tall kid, so that ruled out many options. Like I said, the Turbo fit is really good on her, so much so that if they made a taller Turbo that combined the Affix' latch and deep sides of the SS, I'd probably get it. Also, I had high hopes for the new PW and I'd still like to check it out in person, but seeing it online, I'm not all that impressed.

I agree. I've not had a new pw but the old ones aren't comparable to a tb. Imho all the tb has going for it is a variety of covers and its on sale all the time. I have very big kids, as in tall and husky and the tb was a joke for them. The armrests were too low, it didn't adjust tall enough, not enough padding and the fabric is cheap.

I have two UK pws and you will have to pry them from my cold, dead hands. Ds2 has pretty much outgrown them but they're still in my garage with new covers waiting for ds3 to be mature enough. At 4yo and 50lbs he fits beautifully in all my vehicles with lots of room to grow.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC