Amazon.com Open Box Item?

Hideho

Anyone have any opinions on an Open Box car seat from Amazon? I know many people on here use NBD - just wondering if anyone has used Amazon and gotten an open box car seat? I am looking for a Radian RXT - but really can't afford more than $200.

Thanks!

ADS

KALP4983

I'd look at the details. If it says like new, just opened I'd take the chance. Amazon has a good return policy on their things, especially if its diff then the description.

JlynnB

I haven't gotten one yet, but I've been keeping an eye out for the seats I want on there. I agree with the previous comment about checking the details. After you click on the "Open Box" link to see the specific offers, Amazon gives a rating of the item's condition. Most of the ones I've looked at are in "Like New" condition, and I would feel pretty confident ordering one of those. I'm would probably pass on the ones in "Very Good" condition, even though those have stated that it's the packaging that may be damaged.

Carolinadaisy

The concern I would have is that I don't think they honor the free return shipping on a open box item unless it is defective. So you would want to make sure you have tried one in our car before ordering.

And I would only order the open box - like new ones as well.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
If it's described as like new and doesn't come like new (tags attached and all) they'll do free returns for ”not as described” if that wasn't noted in the description.

Hideho

This one says "like new". I emailed customer service to see if it still had tags on it and what the return policy is. I have never even seen a RXT seat let alone installed in my RAV4 so I am nervous if I can't return. Really hoping I will love it...it can't be worse than my Size 4 me!!! Thanks for the advice...this seems to be the only way I can afford one and it still pushes the budget!

Hideho

For those of you who may be interested in open box items, I emailed customer service and this is what they told me about the item (I still can't decide):

...prior to sale we inspect each item, assess condition, do functional testing (assemble & operate the device) if applicable, and clean the product of all
previous customer information (including hard drive wipes, clear mp3 players, delete pictures from digital cameras, etc) and re-package the item if necessary.

The product is listed for sale on the Amazon website at a discounted price. A description of condition is available on the offer listing page but no additional
information can be provided.

They also said this about my particular item (the Radian RXT):

Here are the current details of the item you're asking about:

Item may come repackaged. Eligible for 30-day return policy. Aftermarket warranty available for purchase from Square Trade since used items are not typically covered by the original manufacturer's warranty.

In general, if you buy an item and discover that it isn't what you expected, you may return the item for a full refund within 30 days of delivery. We also pay the return shipping cost for you.

heatherh

We just bought a Frontier open box like new from Amazon. DD freaked out (wrong color), so I haven't opened it all the way, but from the top it looks all brand new, still with tags. The box was dinged on one corner and obviously had some shipping labels that had been ripped off.

I'd totally buy an open box like new again.

JOII

Thanks for this thread! I didnt know amazon sold open box items.

I ordered a open box graco affix in tangerine on sunday. Got it today (free prime shipping), and it looked great. Box had been opened however I don't think the seat was ever taken out. Still in plastic, everything still attached.

Great experience, I'd do it again ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC