Once In A Lifetime Opportunity!

ThreeBeans

Come one, come all, to see a CRS that you must SEE to believe! Its quality, its style, its VERVE FOR LIFE is unparalled in the CPS world!

Would you believed I picked this sucker up out of someone's front yard from a pile of kids' stuff marked free?

A close up shot of this Thing of Beauty:
100_1573.jpg

17 inches...not too shabby for a deathtrap, eh?
100_1579.jpg

No front adjuster...and I couldn't get these metal things to budge
100_1575.jpg

I don't know how good this picture is, but the DOM is 1997. It harnesses from 30-40 and BPB from 30-60. Very versatile!
100_1576.jpg

What the %^&% ^**&^ is THIS? The flippin' BELT POSITIONER? :eek:
100_1574.jpg

Why yes, I believe it is
100_1583.jpg

See how WELL it fits him?
100_1584.jpg

And look! The belt adjuster is on the COVER! So we don't need to worry about any actual RESTRAINT going on!
100_1585.jpg

Now we model this work of art. He's so happy looking because he knows how safe he is. Not the prime positioning of the t-shield. Wouldn't want to miss any valuable organs in an accident, would we?
100_1580.jpg

Little sister wants in on the action although at 23 lbs she doesn't technically fit.
100_1582.jpg

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, yes. Yes I did. Bwhahahaha!
100_1587.jpg

Gotta lurve me a sawsall:
100_1586.jpg

And the Grand Finale!
100_1588.jpg

:D

---------
Edited by Admin for f-bomb.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
LOL!

That's a Century Breverra Classic. Lovely, isn't it? I had a Breverra and a Graco Quest (same damn seat, just a different cover). At the time, they were considered good. Now, I cringe when I look at them.

I'm glad you destroyed it and destroyed it well!

mominabigtruck

I had the exact same seat with the exact cover:eek:. I never used it and if I recall correctly I put regular crotch buckles on it off of another seat and gave it to my aunt to use for her gson.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
LMAO!!! "What the &*(&( %^&$* is this?" LOL

That thing is nasty. I'm glad it's gone to carseat hell where it belongs.

I'm going to have to get me one of those saws. I'm going to be building shelves soon, so I can justify it to the outside world without appearing committable.

Wendy

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Please watch the language (even if appropriate as in this case!), especially in a public forum.

ZephyrBlue

You go with your bada$$ post-partum self :love: :thumbsup:

I'm glad my expired-recalled-Century-OHS-seat using friends didn't see that. They'd have whooped and hollered and grabbed that sucker up and thrown it in the back of their Lexus SUV to start using tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
That was the exact seat my SD had -- from barely over 20# 1 year old till 45# 3 years old ... infant seat used way too long, then this, then on to a shield booster, then regular seat belt at 4 :(:(:( *SIGH* (in my car she was in the Husky)

cpsaddict

As Jeff Foxworthy would say, "that baby there after dark, she be in my livin' room(backseat)!". :D I love the rope straps, beautiful.

My aunt bought a Breverra Classic in 2000, which by then did not have the ginormous t-shields. She hauled her 9mths pregnant body into their Explorer to install it. Couldn't do it, so I came over and after every swear word known was screamed at it, we gave up and she returned it. For what you ask? A Breverra Ascend, because it had a slightly better belt path and went to 80lbs. So much better. The belt path on the Classic and it's twins was completely ridiculous, as you may have noticed. Halfway up the back and flat on the back of the nicely rounded and smooth shell. A engineering masterpiece than won many awards. :rolleyes:

I do love what did with it. Better than a riding lawnmower. That OMW would NOT die! HAHA!!

Paperdragon

LOL!

That's a Century Breverra Classic. Lovely, isn't it? I had a Breverra and a Graco Quest (same damn seat, just a different cover). At the time, they were considered good. Now, I cringe when I look at them.

I'm glad you destroyed it and destroyed it well!

I dunno. I'm still seeing some use out of the bottom part. A backless booster maybe???? Heck, you could even use the top part as a backless booster!!! That's two for the price of one!!!! Hey, a whole new way to recycle car seats! :p

Sadly, our neighbor would really use said pieces as such. She thinks a couple of towels or a folded blanket work just fine as a booster :(

skaterbabs

Hey, I had that seat once upon a time..... Back then it was hot stuff! lol It was one of the first seats with a two-piece chest clip. :thumbsup:

Jordynsmama

Okay your kids are sooooooooo dang cute:)
Well wouldnt you love to know that that is the same seat the people I work for had me use for their 7 yr old son when i started working for them 2.5 yrs ago:eek: He was 44" and 40 lbs. (very very teeny kid, still is) It was the same print, same clips, century brand....only thing was the top part was shaped different. I never knew to look at the DOM so recently I did and it was 1998! These ppl have $$.
My stepdad threw it in a dumpster a few months ago.
She also had me using a next step one that says "do not use after december 2007" on the back. It is just plastic with a cover so even though it isnt expired it is CRAP. It is in their garage.
I went out and bought him a BB about 6 months ago.
:whistle:

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
:love:

That was freaking awesome! My oldest used to have one of those, and yes, you are using that belt positioner quite correctly! (Heavy bugger of a seat, isn't it?)

As for the harness strap adjusters, you turn the upper metal pieces to the side and then use a hammer (or convenient rock) to slam the bars up off the harness. Delightful, isn't it? And surely wouldn't cause any damage to the straps.

Hm... those pics are stirring my memory. I believe that's one of the seats I removed the harness from, then tried to re-thread it for a younger brother, and wound up in tears on the phone with the company. That ended in me swearing I would never again buy one of their carseats, as re-threading the harness was not possible. (And I never have, either!)

CRS

Senior Community Member
Oh it's just gorgeous! Definitely has its place in some kind of car seat museum LOL

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I remember at least one mom admitting she used that seat below 30 pounds (ooooh, the horror...putting an otherwise properly fitting 3 yo in a ff harnessed seat that happens to be too light for it...)... I bet TONS of babies went from their SmartFits at 9 months straight into these things... :(
And on a 'funny' note, back when I first got really into carseats I recommended a Graco Cherished Cargo to a friend and she thought I said this wretched breverra, and she dutifully bought it no matter how she hated it... when I saw her kid in it a year later she was SO embarrassed she'd gotten it wrong and her family had complained it was horrible and her kid couldn't sleep in it... well, DUH, I told you to get the GOOD seat!:p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC