Is Clicktight OK for belt? (Frontier 90)

bnsnyde

I have a super great, tight install. But, is the seatbelt OK? We'll be switching to booster at some point and I'm imaging what shape the belt will be in, as it's in the click tight device.

I just feel like it's very hard on the seatbelt, well beyond what I could do with a typical install. (I don't plan on moving the seat so the easy initial install wasn't really a big selling point for me). I'd rather not have the belt stretched at such an awkward angle and so tight, but it is what it is.

Also, I'd be worried about that feature breaking with a lot of use. No special reason. It's just always my worst fear. For example, we moved the captain's chair down each and every time kids went to the back seat initially (what it's meant to do), and it broke! Brand new Odyssey. So now I'm always scared, lol. The less fancy stuff with levers and parts and such, the better, in my opinion.

ADS

cookie123

I was thinking about that too. I was considering opening the click tight when the seat isn't in use, which is most of the time.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Locking clips and lockoffs have been denting seatbelts since the day they were invented, and it's fine. They just push the polyester closer together, they don't rip it or weaken it.
Also, if the Click Tight is anything like every other component Britax tests, it's gonna last and last. The Britax factory/testing facility has this whole room where they have robots repeatedly pulling harness adjusters, cooking seats in big ovens, dumping liquids on straps and covers... I bet that CT has been opened and closed a million (ok, maybe a few hundred thousand...definitely a lot, lol) times to make sure it stands up over the life of the seat.
:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC