Britax Booster in Europe

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Looks pretty similar to the Britax Monarch, which was here for a while. And the new 2013 Parkway SG/L. http://www.britaxusa.com/car-seats/parkway-sgl-2013

In the UK that seat will routinely be used for three year olds. They forward face between six and nine months, booster at three. I wouldn't exactly say they're ahead of us in any way shape or form.

Wendy

mommyfrog

It looks to me like the European one has deeper side/head wings(might just be the angle), a lower profile, and maybe a grippy seat belt holder. Plus, it just looks cooler!!

katymyers

Looks pretty similar to the Britax Monarch, which was here for a while. And the new 2013 Parkway SG/L. http://www.britaxusa.com/car-seats/parkway-sgl-2013

In the UK that seat will routinely be used for three year olds. They forward face between six and nine months, booster at three. I wouldn't exactly say they're ahead of us in any way shape or form.

Wendy

:yeahthat: I agree they have some cool seats and some nice features like load legs but until just recently the didn't even have top anchors as standard on their vehicles and many of their forward facing seats still don't include tethers. Not to mention car beds which are really popular in some parts of Europe. I think by no means are US seats inferior nor do I think they are better, but I do think if everyone (US, EU, and Canada) came together on car seats we could end up with something close to perfect.

PikkuMyy

I'm now tempted to ask my dad to bring one for my son when they come visit in October. ;) It looks a lot deeper than the new SGL and has rigid LATCH. Plus, that XP-Pad is intriguing.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
They don't have top tethers because they have rigid lower anchors, which helps reduce head excursion.

Wendy

Athena

Very pretty! In addition to the grippy cushion thingy and looking more stylish, it also has side cushions on it, something we have yet to see in their US boosters.

I agree that it needs cup holders and maybe some arm rests too.

cowgirlsmommy

I'm now tempted to ask my dad to bring one for my son when they come visit in October. ;) It looks a lot deeper than the new SGL and has rigid LATCH. Plus, that XP-Pad is intriguing.

And one for me please. A man smuggling multiple european boosters to the us won't look suspicious right?

gsdguenter

You guys and your need for cup holders make me laugh :)

I don't get it either lol

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that ever ends up in a cup holder is trash. I don't like giving the kids drinks in the car because they almost always spill. Or, if I do, I pass it back and get it back ASAP.

Athena

Take a long car ride with my kids and you'll stop laughing. There are no short drives where I live, it's 17 miles to the grocery store, I need cup holders for my sanity.

:yeahthat:

For older kids where I live, it's a must for several reasons. First, it's great to bring water to stay hydrated, something most of us aren't drinking enough of. Second, it's essential for the afternoon snack between school pick up and an after school activity. Of course I prefer the luxury of a relaxed day with time to sit down for our snack, but people are very busy in this country, work hours are longer than many laid back European countries, school hours are fairly long too and most people have after school activities for those things the kids don't get enough of in school, like the arts. And this is true some days even for those of us who try not to overschedule our kids and limit our activities so kids have enough free time to be kids. Third, they work for other things like stickers, flowers they just picked when you were trying to get them into the car, etc. Kids love having their own compartments!

Athena

I don't get it either lol

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that ever ends up in a cup holder is trash. I don't like giving the kids drinks in the car because they almost always spill. Or, if I do, I pass it back and get it back ASAP.

The right bottle doesn't spill and my attention belongs on driving, not passing back water bottles.

ETA: I hadn't noticed your kids are RFing. It's much easier for kids to not have cup holders RFing. They can hold the water bottle, snack, etc. because things don't fall out easily like with FFing seats. I have much taller kids than you do who outgrew RFing long ago. I remember a time when I didn't get the cup holders either.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC