Cybex Aton 2, Questions

Citrine

I think I want an Aton 2 for our 4th and final baby due Nov 4thish. Only thing stopping me is the $$. But with the 20% code off at Albee baby right now, its $240. We have a Chicco 22 which lasted my 3rd child till 10months. That expires 2016. I love the safety features of the Aton. We live in Connecticut and travel often to his parents which are 45min away on the highway. We ride in an Odyssey so size is not an issue. Current kids are 9yr in a Diono LLB, 6.5yr old in Kiddy Cruiser Fix booster, and 19mo old Peg Perego 70, RF of course :) Husband is 6ft and I 5'5. Okay 1st question, I love the color Poppy Red. On my computer it looks like it has a pinkish hue to it. I would love the red one to match the Peg, but if there is pink in it, then no and will go with the blue. Do not know gender of child, but we have 3 girls so chances of a boy are slim :p 2ed Question, How long will the Aton last the average child? 3rd Question, do I bite the bullet and buy it even though it will last about a year? Or use the Chicco and save the money? I can always pass the seat down to my SIL who will be having kids in the next 2years. Thanks for any in put and help.

ADS

Carolinadaisy

I would use the chicco and save the money for a convertible seat. Your child will get years more usage out of one.but, that's just me. Ithink the Aton looks really great, but I couldn't justify the purchase when already owning a great non-expired infant seat.

bnsnyde

Wow, you sounds a lot like me! I bought the Aton 2 (pink one) for our 5th baby. Thought it would be final child (so I was OK buying one last baby seat), but I kind of do want 1 more. :) 1 more child, that is. I'd use this pink seat even for a boy at this point.

Anyway, the price stopped me at first. But then I read good things about the side-impact protection. My husband is 6 foot 5 and we ride in an Odyssey. The seat takes up almost NO room. It's wonderful!!!!!

My 5-year-old is in a Kiddyworld Cruiserfix (the 8th seat) right next to the Aton.

I did hear that Aton 3 might be coming here at some point, so I'd wait as long as you can. The one thing about the Aton 2 is that there are just 3 strap heights. I'd be nice to have multiple ones for a perfect a fit as possible. But that's me being a bit picky I guess.

Good luck with baby!

Citrine

bnsnyde, I do love how little rooms it takes up to compared to others. I love the safety features that's what is making my decision kind of easy, then I think of price, and how long will it last till baby outgrows it. My DH and I say this is our last, but I don't know. I go back and forth. But if the 3 is coming out before November 4ish then I can wait. Or even if it comes out soon after, I should be able to justify the cost then for the 2. I go back and forth on wanting the Aton.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC