Question Most Comfortable Backless Booster

aggiesuz04

for an 8 year old. Weighs 60 lbs. He is in the Graco Nautilus and we have converted it down to the backless booster. He hates it because it hurts his hiney. We live 30 miles from the nearest town so any trip we take is pretty long. Oh, we have a 2006 Ford Expedition and he sits in the 3rd row outer seat. I have been looking at the Clek Olli but our 3rd row does not have a Latch system. But I saw that it could be installed without the Latch system. I have measured but not sure if it will fit. The Clek website does not show the full width of the seat with the armrests included. Does anyone have one that they could measure to see the width of the back where the seatbelt would attach? The Nautilus is super hard to get buckled because the fit is so tight. Advice? Thanks so much!

Last edited:
ADS

cookie123

I don't have a Clek, but someone will be along that does likely. Or check the measurements page if you haven't already. Hannah is 10 and using the new Graco booster. I looked on their website for it's name, but it wasn't on there. It's out at Target and it has a nice little cushion on top. She really likes it. Brett didn't have any complaints yesterday in his Cosco Topside, but Hannah was complaining in her Harmony Youth booster. We were on the road about 45 minutes.

Here's a link to the measurements page for booster seats in case you haven't found it.

http://www.car-seat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=68

YinzerMama

Graco used to make the turbo booster with graco pedic foam and it was so much more comfortable. I don't know why they don't seem to make them any more. I don't know if the regular ones have the indent for the foam or if you can add the foam later (if they even sell it?) You'd have to call to check on that. The party line is probably not to do it and I have no idea if the guts of the seat really differed, I never looked under a plain one. The ones with foam have 3 holes that the sleeve that holds the foam clicks into.

It made a world of difference. That was what my son had.

I have asked on their fb page why they don't make the seats with the luxury foam and more and they said what a good idea we'll pass that along... yeah we'll see. Maybe you should ask as well. Put another bug in their ear. :)

kam1011

I've heard of a bunch of older kids on here that don't like the clek booster because it's short (butt-to-knee length) and hurts under their legs. My daughter is a very tall 7 and rides in an Evenflo Amp, which she loves. It's nice and long for good leg support. The other one most recommended here for older kiddos is the Harmony Cruz.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Harmony Cruz or Graco Connext are your best bets, I think. Or maybe Evenflo Amp. Harmony Transit has memory foam, but I don't know how deep or comfy it is. Can you order from a place online that's sort of close to you, try one or two of them out, and then return the bad ones to the store next time you go to town? (Those are all at Walmart and/or Target and allow online returns).

essnce629

DS1 has a Harmony Cruz and has never complained. He's almost 10, 55" and 80lbs. It definitely has enough leg support. The Monterey as a backless is really comfortable too and has LATCH (I'm not sure what the dedicated Diono backless is called-- Santa Fe?).

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I have a Harmony Transit, which has a nice, thick pad, and have been happy with it. It is about the same depth as my Graco Turbo Booster.

MommyShannon

My DD is 51" and 58lbs and loves the Olli. It is shallow though. She especially likes the tall, deep armrests. The armrests definitely can get in the way in a tight spot. I can try to take pics of it and a nautilus tomorrow.

firemomof3

My dd1 has been in a Cruz for the past year and she loves it. The Harmony literider is too narrow for her now.

MommyShannon

Gah! 4th of July and a bout of mastitis happened so I forgot about getting pics. Let me know if they'd still help and I can get some.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC