Trying a Frontier90 for 7-year-old

bnsnyde

I ordered a Frontier90 today for my 7-year-old. (He turns 7 this month). The Pinnacle would be too wide (I think) for my 3 in a row in the van. Any issues with it in captain's chair? It's an Odyssey from 2011.

He is in an Oobr but the leg support just isn't there (and the SIP seemed shallow), and I realized I wanted a harnessed seat for more versatility; one that my other kids can use as well. We go to school and back for the most part, and in summer, camp.

Also, I cannot get the stubborn 2-year-old to go into his seat (3rd row RF Advocate), and forcing him in is almost physically impossible, over the seat backs and through the trunk. So, since 7-year-old is gone a lot (school or camps), at least I'll have a harnessed seat available (I have a 5 and 4-year-old too). Also, getting (almost) 4 year-old into the back is difficult, too. He gives me no trouble but buckling is difficult for me back there. As for the 2-year-old, I'm not planning to FF him but I do want an option of a harnessed seat. Even if it's just a place to strap him in while I count to 10 and breathe. At almost 40 inches and 32 lbs, our RF options get smaller each day. At first I thought I'd just install something every single time the 7-year-old was not there, but that...just too much, especially if it's freezing or super hot.

The 7-year-old agreed to the seat because it's red and has cup holders, lol. And I can always give it to younger brother at any point, so it'll have a home.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I wish *I* had an excuse to get a FR90 for MY 7 year old. I love all the pictures of the kids in them actually using their armrests to, amazingly, rest their arms. :eek::D
But you're like I was years ago when I got my FR80, I loved having something so versatile, and sure enough, it's been in near constant use for 5+ years now, so it's been a good buy.

bnsnyde

Well, he's on the 2nd to last click. Should be OK.

Does the Clicktight damage seatbelts? We'll be using a booster there again at some point. The belt is VERY tight and secure but very pressed into that Clicktight device.

The Clicktight got stuck on me the first time and I panicked, then put downward pressure on the seat to get it undone. Whew!
(They need to say to simply pull slack out and NOTHING else). I'm used to (like most carseat fanatic people) getting the belt really tight myself.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC