Question Car seats for E500 Mercedes 2004 - Canada

Marcella

Hello,
I have a E500 Mercedes 2004 with a front facing car seat for my 2 1/2 year old and a booster for my 5 year old. Now I will be needing a rear facing for my newborn next year. I really do not want a mini van and do not want to give up my Mercedes. Is there any combination of seats I can buy that would fit? Or can you suggest a car or SUV instead of a mini van? Thanks, Marcella

ADS

jmbullet

For your newbie, a graco snugride 30 would probably be narrow enough to puzzle well with other seats, but you might need new seats for the other kids depending of what they already have. What seats are your older kids in?

Marcella

I have a Safety First booster seat for my 5 year old and a Eddie Bauer 5 point harness for my 2 year old. The booster needs to be replaced because it is horrible and would not hold up to the smallest accident. I was thinking of buying two Diono Radian RXT. The only concern is that reading through reviews the downfall mentioned is that if used as a booster the seatbelt does not work that great. But I see no other option as far as size wise that could make it work.

featherhead

I have a Safety First booster seat for my 5 year old and a Eddie Bauer 5 point harness for my 2 year old. The booster needs to be replaced because it is horrible and would not hold up to the smallest accident. I was thinking of buying two Diono Radian RXT. The only concern is that reading through reviews the downfall mentioned is that if used as a booster the seatbelt does not work that great. But I see no other option as far as size wise that could make it work.

How big are your two kids? Weight, height, and seated shoulder height. Those numbers can help us recommend seats that should work for them.

jmbullet

With two RXT's you'd likely be able to turn back your 2 year old rear facing and perhaps harness your 5 year old, then when the new baby outgrows the infant seat you could give him or her the oldest's radian and get a narrow dedicated booster for your oldest child

featherhead

With two RXT's you'd likely be able to turn back your 2 year old rear facing and perhaps harness your 5 year old, then when the new baby outgrows the infant seat you could give him or her the oldest's radian and get a narrow dedicated booster for your oldest child

:yeahthat: That's what I was going to suggest, depending on the kids stats.

featherhead

Ok, I think I would probably go with the 2 Radians for now. You will probably find it fits best if you have the infant seat rear-facing on one side, the 5 year old forward-facing in the centre, and the 2 year old rear-facing on the other side. When seats face opposite directions they often "puzzle" together better. Then, once baby outgrows the infant seat, or the 5 year old outgrows the harness of the Radian, then I would move the baby to the Radian and purchase a narrow booster. The middle child could probably be moved forward-facing at that point. Then I would do oldest on one side in the booster, youngest rear-facing in the centre, and middle forward-facing on the other side.

As for an infant seat, I would look at the new Graco SnugRide Click Connect seats. They are narrower than the old Sungrides.

Of course, I haven't actually dealt with your vehicle, so I can't guarantee that they will fit. But those seats would definitely be a good place to start.

featherhead

I think what you suggested will work, if not then I have no choice but to trade in my car. Thanks again

Good luck! When #3 was on the way for me, I decided it was time for a mini-van, lol. I could fit 3 seats in my car, but I found a van to be easier.

featherhead

Wouldn't the 5 yr old have to be harnessed in the RXT? Diono has a 50lb minimum for booster use, right?

Yes, that is correct. The 5 year old would use it harnessed until the baby outgrows the infant seat, and then they would need to get a narrow booster.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC