A lifetime of car seats

christineka

I posted a similar thread for my oldest daughter. My second daughter has been out of car seats for almost a year now, so I thought I'd make up a post of all of the car seats she's sat in over the years. I wasn't so obsessed with car seats back in the olden days, however and I didn't take very good pictures when I did anyway.

She started out in the hand-me down Evenflo On My Way (purchased it new)
newborncaitlyncarseat_zpsfc99b0e2.jpg

Next she moved to the Century Grow With Me Overhead shield. She moved at 9 months and 20 pounds, so the seat was initially rear-facing, but it was turned around on or very shortly after her 1st birthday. (The seat only rear-faced until 22 pounds anyway.)
centurycatie_zps4b5606bf.jpg

When her little brother reached 20 pounds at age 6 months, we bought her a brand new seat, all for herself- the Cosco High back booster. We chose it because it had a front adjuster. (We hated the treasured cargo we had bought for our oldest child.) It had a puzzle buckle, which we didn't care for, however.
carseatsmorgusborg_zpsc6e6fb46.jpg

When she reached 40 pounds at age 4.75 years old, I used points to get her a graco turbobooster. I put the screws in, but didn't read any of the other directions.
caitlynhigher_zpsca6e4eba.jpg

Then, I found the car safety board on bbc.

cbooster_zpsdd1de21f.jpg

That lead me to cso. This child kept flopping over in the turbo, so I met a local cso person, who was trying to get rid of a recaro vivo. It solved the floppy sleeping problem.
booster7_zps3896c698.jpg

And then we got a new van and added another family member, resulting in less room, so I bought a second seat from the same cso member- one that had no arm rests for ease of buckling.
cparkwaysept2011_zps8b22ed7e.jpg

One day, I looked back at the child and saw she was slouching! Her shoulders were only just below the headrest, which was on its highest setting. That day she cried for her purple booster and I made her pick from our selection of backless boosters. She chose the harmony literider.
lastbooster_zps6a53ba41.jpg

As you can see in the photo, the headrest didn't go very high. Less than 6 months later, she moved to just a seatbelt and that was the end of child restraints for child number 2. (The rest of my kids have a whole lot more seats in their histories.)

ADS

tjham

Great job keeping all of your kids safe AND taking pictures!
I wish I had pix of all the seats my kids and grandkids were in!

StillThankful

Amazing pictorial! Thanks so much for sharing! She's such a cutie and it was nice to see her grow up to a little lady.:)

Phineasmama

For someone "not into car seat safety" back then you sure had some nice tight straps and properly placed chest clips!! :p

I have a pic of my oldest child (who is only SIX years old) forward facing at 18 months with twisty straps, belly clip, and I bet the seat wasn't even installed right :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC