Securekid 300 Vs. Frontier90

bnsnyde

We have the Securekid 300 for my 3.5-year-old. I like it, but the buckle is difficult (3rd row and I buckle from behind him, through the trunk).
He is 43 inches and 42 lbs.

Beyond fitting a larger kid, does the Frontier90 have any advantages? I like what I hear about the crumple zone. But I feel the headwings on our Securekid stick out nice and far...so it'd be hard to give that up. I actually bought the seat as a spare but we're using it full-time. I keep thinking maybe something with more structure (or crumple zone). I know there is a 70 version by Britax (Pioneer) but I figure if I'm going to get a bigger seat might as well get the one that goes to 90 as I like one that can withstand tests to that limit.

Really don't want anything too much wider or taller. We have Securekid on the top slot, though. Wonder how much taller the Frontier would be for his height.

Last edited:
ADS

SavsMom

The Frontier is much taller - it would get you a good 2" in additional harness height, however it is a much larger seat and will take up more room.

cookie123

I thought I'd mention it's much heavier and bulkier. The Secure Kid is so easy to deal with. Matthew complained about his butt in the Secure Kid when we went to the zoo yesterday - about 45 minutes. Any complaints from your guy?

bnsnyde

OK, so now we have both.
But the 3-year-old is keeping the Securekid. It's actually pretty easy all around. Not too high. I like it. It seems very, very similar to the Frontier90. But I will say I like this Evenflo seat a lot.

The 7-year-old got the Frontier90 for now. It's fine. Not sure he can loosen the harness himself; it's got a weird FAR button for that. But maybe he won't need to loosen. No complaints for the seat I suppose.

cookie123

I know! That adjuster button is way far back. Annoying! It sure did install nice though. I hope Matthew likes it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC