Total car seat geek moment

eduller

So I go pick up my new seat tomorrow. I will have at my disposal: brand new Axkid Kidzofix, Britax Two-Way, a Foonf, and a Graco MySize. I'm totally going to do a comparison sometime this week! Too bad I don't have a Radian to throw in the mix...

ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Oooooh!

I really really need to know the height capacity difference between an Axkid seat (I have a crush on the Minikid and I guess they're all the same shell) and a Radian. A Foonf comparison would come in super close, though, since there are enough Foonf/Radian comparisons available to extrapolate.

Do you have any older at-capacity kids to model in them? :D

eduller

Unfortunately, the only model I'll have available is my daughter. She's 2 1/2, but she's big and could pass for an average 4 year old in size. I sat her in a Radian at Buy Buy Baby a few weeks ago, and her head was 2 inches from the top of the shell, so pretty close to outgrown.

I'll measure every detail of the Axkid and the Two-Way and take lots of pics in comparison to the Foonf. I could also throw my outgrown Truefit into the mix for comparison's sake.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Wow, super tall. My daughter is 2y10m, 39" tall with a long torso, and still has at least 3" above her head in the Radian.

eduller

Well, my daughter was thoroughly uncooperative, so I don't have any pictures with a model.

Axkid Kidzofix - arrived very safely, has that new car seat smell!! :) My scale is currently trapped in the bedroom with a sleeping toddler, so I don't have the weight, but from what I can tell just estimating, it is significantly heavier than the Two-Way but noticeably lighter than the Foonf.

Lowest harness height: 13 inches - definitely not for littles
Highest harness height: 16.5 inches
Buckle depth: 5 inches
Buckle length: 5 inches
Internal seat depth: 12 inches
Internal shell height: 22 inches/25 inches to top of headrest fully extended
Internal bottom width: 10 inches
Internal shoulder room: 12 inches
Base size: 16 inches by 16 inches

The manual says nothing about height restrictions, so I called Axkid. They were very helpful and sounded thrilled that I was calling from the U.S. A child can fit in the seat until the tips of their ears are at the top of the head rest - not just the seat shell. The head rest is reinforced.

I haven't installed it in the car yet because it's raining. I also don't have the Foonf here right now, so when i get it I will install the Kidzofix and Foonf in my van along with the Two-Way and I'll take photos for comparison.

Just from playing with this seat on the floor in my kitchen, I kind of love it already. I bought it to go in our secondary car, but I really wish I could swap the seats out and put it in my minivan! But I have the storage compartments under the floor so it's a no-go in my second row. The harness adjusts like butter. The head rest has a "lock" on it so you can adjust it to where you want it and then lock it in place. One trick I have found already is that once you unbuckle, you need to completely loosen the harness before you can tighten it again. Which is actually no big deal because the mechanism is really smooth and quick.

Is there anything else you'd like me to measure or report on regarding the Kidzofix? I'm happy to do so or to take pictures of anything anyone wants to see :)

creideamh

Waaaait! Yours has a lock for the headrest!? Pics?? I thought they only had that on the Minikid...but I bought mine right before Minikid came out, so maybe mine is still pre-lock. :( It's the only thing I hate about mine (that and the lack of summer covers.)

eduller

Yeah, it's called the "brake."
20130701_1958161_zpsd08e08fa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

creideamh

Yeah I know! That was a new feature for the Minikid, but I thought it was only for the Minikid. Über jealous :p

AK Dad

Awesome! Those measurements sound almost identical to what I measure with the Multi-Tech, maybe even 1/2" better top harness height!

Anyone want to buy a slightly used Foonf?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC