Question No rear facing base with Clek Foonf and box destroyed?

Rebelnicky04

My husband's family in Ohio knows that I am car seat crazy so as a nice surprise for our new baby they sent us a Clek Foonf from Buy Buy Baby. We were ecstatic as you can imagine... WELL I am currently on bed rest because of partial previa and DH wouldn't even let me open the car seat box. He opened the box, removed the seat, kept it in our dining room until I felt rested enough to install it. WELL the trash came on Thursday and he hauled the box out to the curb and said that he is 100% sure it was empty. SO TODAY when I went to do the install- my Foonf is completely missing the rear facing base. There is no trace of it anywhere... The manual- everything else was still attached. I went to Buy Buy Baby immediately once we noticed it and explained to them what had happened. They told me that since it was not something on my registry they could not pull the receipt up and I don't want to make my family members feel horrible by asking for the receipt... So I am at a loss. Is this something Clek will help me with? What would you all do?

ADS

Rebelnicky04

The seat was most definitely brand new... And the family won't understand. They think I'm nuts as it is already about car seat safety and without the box buy buy baby said there was nothing they could do for me...

creideamh

I mean, it's not like you can use it without the base! And it wasn't attached already for some reason?

I'd just call Clek (Tuesday, they're closed tomorrow), explain you got the seat as a gift, definitely looks brand new, straight from BBB, but the base wasn't there. I'm pretty sure they'll help you.

Rebelnicky04

That's why I'm freakin out haha it's of no use to me without the base. I will call them Tuesday. Thank you all so much :) I've never dealt with Clek before so I hope they have good customer service.

jenia5412

I would definitely call Clek. The base was not attached when mine came out of the box either (they don't ship them that way), but it was hardly unnoticeable!

I also saw that you're installing this for your new baby. The Foonf is not useable for babies under 14lbs and without head control, so make sure you have something else that will work for a newborn as well!

kaharris83

Someone on a different forum had trouble with Clek
and her Foonf. They said even for baby gift/registry items they require a receipt. Hopefully your family still has the receipt, or you get a different answer from Clek than she did.

Rebelnicky04

Yeah I was going to use my 18 month old to test it out until the new baby was big enough and she still rear faces too. I really hope they have good customer service because for a $475 seat you really would think they would be accommodating. That makes me sad :( family doesn't have the receipt... Dh called them frantic. They thought we would have everything we needed and be happy with it.

kaharris83

Yeah I was going to use my 18 month old to test it out until the new baby was big enough and she still rear faces too. I really hope they have good customer service because for a $475 seat you really would think they would be accommodating. That makes me sad :( family doesn't have the receipt... Dh called them frantic. They thought we would have everything we needed and be happy with it.

Fingers crossed you reach someone helpful at Clek on Tuesday. When I thought I needed a part they just asked for a picture of the seat and it sounded like they'd just email me the part without asking for my receipt. I didn't end up needing the part. Just wanted to share the experience I heard about where the person didn't have a receipt. Worst case I hope they can give you a good deal on a base.

Jessica61624

If I came down to it could you buy another seat and return the one without the base with that receipt?

Rebelnicky04

Our Buy Buy Baby recently opened and so far we have been extremely happy so I decided that since it wasn't a GREAT experience with them earlier today that I would call them and explain the situation to a manager. I did so and she was very nice and told me to bring the seat in the morning and they will do their best to help me. *crossing fingers* that they help me. I know what store it was purchased at and the date but again no receipt or box so if BBB does help me with this- we will definitely be PRO BBB!!! :dance:

TXDani

Senior Community Member
If I came down to it could you buy another seat and return the one without the base with that receipt?

This is what I would do if you can't get it fixed. Buy a new Foonf and then return the defective one with that box and receipt.

Sent from my iPad using Car-Seat.Org

Phineasmama

I'm sure Clek can send you a RFing base, even if you have to pay for it wouldn't it still be worth it since you didn't have to pay for the seat?

cookie123

It's surprising anyone would buy a gift like that and not give a gift receipt or keep the receipt. Anyway, congrats on the Foonf! I hope it all works out for the best at BBB. Are the stores closed tomorrow?

Clek CPST

My husband's family in Ohio knows that I am car seat crazy so as a nice surprise for our new baby they sent us a Clek Foonf from Buy Buy Baby. We were ecstatic as you can imagine... WELL I am currently on bed rest because of partial previa and DH wouldn't even let me open the car seat box. He opened the box, removed the seat, kept it in our dining room until I felt rested enough to install it. WELL the trash came on Thursday and he hauled the box out to the curb and said that he is 100% sure it was empty. SO TODAY when I went to do the install- my Foonf is completely missing the rear facing base. There is no trace of it anywhere... The manual- everything else was still attached. I went to Buy Buy Baby immediately once we noticed it and explained to them what had happened. They told me that since it was not something on my registry they could not pull the receipt up and I don't want to make my family members feel horrible by asking for the receipt... So I am at a loss. Is this something Clek will help me with? What would you all do?

That is wonderful that your husband's family came together to purchase the seat for you guys.

I will let customer service know about this situation. I'm not sure what their policy will be so far as if there will be a cost involved, but I'm sure we can get you a replacement base.

The base comes packaged inside the seat under the straps and nestled with the anti-rebound bar. Was the anti-rebound bar thrown out as well?

Please contact us on Tuesday and talk to our customer service. Our customer service phone number is 1-866-656-2462 and regular hours are 9am to 5pm eastern time. Monday is a stat holiday in Canada, but our office will be open on Tuesday.

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this in the midst of your pregnancy, I can only imagine how upsetting it must be.

Stelvis

But it wasn't defective -- her husband threw the base away. It's not BBB's fault.

The bass comes sort of enclosed in a plastic bag and surrounded by cardboard. I could see how someone accidentally threw it away.

Rebelnicky04

But it wasn't defective -- her husband threw the base away. It's not BBB's fault.

The bass comes sort of enclosed in a plastic bag and surrounded by cardboard. I could see how someone accidentally threw it away.

He didn't throw the base away... it never came with it. The rebound bar was with the seat but the pins that hold it in are not present... DH is not the most car seat saavy but with me on bed rest I had no choice but for him to take care of the opening especially on such a heavy seat but he's not an idiot... He didn't throw out a piece we needed. :rolleyes:

Rebelnicky04

He said after the seat was out he even tipped the box upside down and made sure there was nothing else... I believe him.

Rebelnicky04

It's surprising anyone would buy a gift like that and not give a gift receipt or keep the receipt. Anyway, congrats on the Foonf! I hope it all works out for the best at BBB. Are the stores closed tomorrow?

3 different family members went in on the gift and in the midst of that it has come up missing :(

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
He didn't throw the base away... it never came with it. The rebound bar was with the seat but the pins that hold it in are not present... DH is not the most car seat saavy but with me on bed rest I had no choice but for him to take care of the opening especially on such a heavy seat but he's not an idiot... He didn't throw out a piece we needed. :rolleyes:

If you're on bed rest and felt that opening the box was too much for you, I'd rethink installing the seat as that seems like it would be much more taxing on your body.

3 different family members went in on the gift and in the midst of that it has come up missing :(

I can't imagine that physically went to BBB and bought it and then shipped it to you at the post office. (And I think they're generally not available in store yet.) So they likely did this online. There will most definitely be a trace of the receipt. Whomever ordered it should login to their BBB account online and reprint the receipt that way, or search for the email order confirmation and shipping confirmation (at least 2 emails there) and forward those to you. I cannot begin to imagine that family members who bother to send a $$$$$$$ car seat wouldn't bother to help you locate the receipt. BBB will definitely have a record of the online order and where it was shipped to.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC